Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

D.Rose BRONZE said...
D.Rose BRONZE, Centerville, Massachusetts

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." Plato

I'm a guy, and i just wanted to say: I hate..well hate is a stong word. I dislike most of what we might call "preps" i love the Girl's with brown hair, With Glasses, and who are labled by these preps "Outcast" Also great writing. Loved it

leemaki BRONZE said...
leemaki BRONZE, Melbourne FL, Florida

mama

not to be creepy but i think i'm the guy version of whoever wrote this article. I always go for the girl that follows her own path and is who she really is. i respect that so much, and im not really atracted to the falseness of the girls that you talk about. Its all about who you are. thanks for writing and speaking my mind for me.

jlb1993 SILVER said...
jlb1993 SILVER, La Chapelle Aux Lys, Other

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives." - Chuck Palahnuik

The same can be said for girls, but fortunatly one day they will realise, prettiness brings someone to your attention and the personality makes them worthwhile

There is nothing wrong with being a red hair. A lot of hot guys think I'm pretty and I'm I have red hair

on Apr. 6 2012 at 9:17 am
QueenOfAirAndDarkness SILVER, Brockport, New York

I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed.
- Unknown

I think that's a little bit of a generalization. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and I have never had a single boyfriend, nor has any boy ever shown an interest in me. I think it's the TYPE of person - the cheerleaders and ... ahem, EVIL... types of girls. It's NOT just appearance.

LillyStar17 said...
LillyStar17, Pullman, Michigan

The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

well that i think sometime could happen people do that but i think so...

Meao said...
I am blond haired and blue eyed, and in real life no-one goes for that type of girl just because she has these qualities. The shallow, superficial girls in my class (I am of school age) are actually mainly brunette (this is not a dig, this is just a point) Boys go for any type of girl, its not programed into their system to only like one hair colour ect. just different qualities (sluttiness, charisma, cleverness ect) and the point Im trying to make, is that the girls you describe are sluttty, and the heroine is usually quiet and clever, or talented. It's these qualities that get them the guy.

SpedChick18 BRONZE, Glen Rock, New Jersey

dont judge a book by its cover.

i am a red head but i die my head BROWN never blonde because there are to many jokes for blonde girls... but i am gay so i dont have to worry about boys hitting on me or dating me because i have a girlfriend that i am engaged to but thats not the point. i changed my hair color because i was made fun of for being a read head. so i changed not for a guy or girl to like me, i changed for people to stop making fun of me.

dont judge a book by its cover.

it seems like there is alot of conflicts about what kind of girls that boys like. But what if a guy likes a girl who has brown hair but doesnt want to tell her that he likes her. What if he just dates a girl that is a cheerleader but doesnt really like her? What happens if that guy finally tells the girl his true feelings? does that mean that he is bad for liking someone who is not blonde... and to talk about that odds are the blonde cheerleaders arent even naturally blonde so the boys that fall for them are falling for girls that are fake. Ever thought bout that?

on Mar. 12 2012 at 9:50 am
lesjuggaletteforlife BRONZE, City, Oklahoma

you say: i should be straight
i say: taste the rainbow biiitch

good point firetip, zee (darkninja) would most likely agree.

on Mar. 12 2012 at 9:47 am

you say: i should be straight
i say: taste the rainbow biiitch

and now i take it back, screw you tristan w.

Reality said...
on Mar. 12 2012 at 12:30 am
Your point seems to be that guys should learn from movies and go after girls who have neither blonde hair nor blue eyes simply because the movies predict that the blonde hair blue eyed girls are not ideal for the boys. I have brown hair and brown eyes, so I'm not trying to defend the blondes or the blue eyes out there because I'm one of them. The reason why you and all the other people who agree with you don't end up with the hottest guys or the most guys is that you're idiots. Please work on your argument and stop pining after the scums who worship the superficial. 

chloe jane said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 6:58 am
chloe jane, Gatton, Other

alot of guys can be like that they go for looks not personality, the popular guys go out with the popular girls the ones that have amazing hair and bodys usualy they go out with them for looks.

it is possible that you can find a guy that wont want to go out with the girl wiith the amazing body and perfect skin he will choose the girl that isnt so skinny and dosnt have perfect skin

its just the way guys are made

pinkpoint12 BRONZE, Highland, Utah
Actually right now I like a guy who's girlfriend is blonde and blue eyed... and I'm brunette and green eyed! And she's definitely not good enough for him :( 

VintageLove-YoungArtist, BROOKLYN, New York

"We buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom"- Kanye West

Well, guys are just made that way. Why are girls so confused? Why are girls cunfusing? We have to answer these things about ourselves, also. I think that guys want a pretty girl to feel better about themselves and they're just for show. I feel that every girl is going to be attractive to someone else. If the guy doesn't want to be with you because he likes blonde hair and blue eyes, it's probably because that's his preference. It's not that he isn't capable of liking a girl like you, but it's because he likes another type of girl. Same way girls do guys. We like cute boy, but why? We only get hurt in the end, maybe some of us get lucky and keep a satisfied heart.

hanna.fofanna BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska

“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes str

Ha, when I saw the tittle of this artical I just HAD to read it! Boys are very much confusing in that way... haha but this is coming from a blonde hair, blue eyed athlete o_o.... Lol

soulofdamnation BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
i agree but as a male i would have to say the same for girls knowing from experience and much psychological researcher's papers girls as well as guys are indescisive.

Destiny2 said...
on Feb. 6 2012 at 10:09 am
Destiny2, Doha, Other

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new". Albert Einstein

Pretty good article, many girls that are falling head over heals for a guy could relate. Though, honestly, what your saying isn't completely true. Guys don't only follow the blond girl, like girls, it depends on their type of finding a girl that is "pretty". Though your idea is clear and I believe many can relate! :)

on Jan. 31 2012 at 12:29 am
SilverZelenia BRONZE, Briggs, Texas

"The only thing to fear is fear itself." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care." - Hugh Macleod

Okay, speaking as a natural blonde with blue eyes who hasn't yet broke a hundred pounds... They don't ALWAYS go for the looks, and the ones that do, as was said before, generally aren't worth the time of day. Just being a blonde doesn't mean you're popular, either. ;) But, I tend to agree with the main gist of the article, guys are incredibly confusing. Not all of them are jerks, though, just remember that! :)

Mantequilla SILVER, Eagan, Minnesota
Sequel: Girls, why are they so confusing? One minute they like you, the next they don't. Jk. ;) this is true though. Guys are weird. Nice work. =)