Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

StarryRoss GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Writing is the socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." -E.L. Doctorow

hahaha tru that, i feel like i'm the only one who got that, that's hilarious

Yeah, i dunno, at our school, the cheerleaders are kind of a joke actually. So blonde cheerleader doesn't apply to me; yeah we kind of have a cool crowd, but nobody really cares much about them anyway. I have to say, i have brown hair and hazel eyes (which nobody believes) and i'm very smart, not a nerd, have lots of friends, and yet i NEVER EVER EVVVERRR got the guy. Ever. Not that they never liked me, i just never got it in the end. Well, jokes on all the cool girls, because i've got the best boyfriend in the world, 8 months, my best friend, who treats me well. I've learned its not at all about the other girls, and all those kinds of guys, its just the right guy, and whenever he comes, he comes, but it doesn't make you any less :)

edthezy54 said...
on Dec. 5 2011 at 11:50 am
edthezy54, Springfield, Massachusetts

i dont like blond girls but i do like spanish girls

ed thezy54 said...
on Dec. 5 2011 at 11:33 am
i like girls for their personality

chuntiBaee said...
on Dec. 2 2011 at 10:23 am
i Think Itt Iss Soo Weird Thtt Guyss Say They Knoe What They Wnt But Really They Dont.

DizneysWorld BRONZE, West Jordan, Utah

One of the hardest things in life is watching the one you love, love someone else

I love this article, but i am blonde and blue eyes, and not a cheerleader. Hair color has nothing to do with weather or not you get guys because if this was true, i could get any guy i want, and i cant.

iheartz BRONZE said...
on Nov. 28 2011 at 8:50 am
iheartz BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma

searching for answers in a world that answers none of them at all, or My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with- kelly clarkson

sorry about the run on... hi and I love this story

-Duckie- GOLD said...
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

Agreed on the evil blonde thing. I'm blonde and I've only ever had one boyfriend :( plus it's not like there's a line.

lizziebear BRONZE, Magnolia, Texas

I love the way I can be haveing the worst day of my life and simply talking to you completely changes my mood<3

Most guys are stupid because they can't pick Thea right girls

kksexi12 said...

hey....... luve this one so much i read it evry time i get on......... happy thaksgiving to the world and thos of u in it with me...... be thankful b-cuz there will always be 1 person out there for me.......girlz there is a guy willing 2 take u 4 u......... there are girlz willing to take u 4 u..... no matter who u r.......  :)   :)   :)   :)  

even if it doesn't seem it we all love each other  lol, wer all do......... tho i admit guyz can be confusing.   ;)     have a gr8 day world.......dont be :( be :)

on Nov. 23 2011 at 8:55 am
pens-are-mightier-than-swords SILVER, Caledonia, Michigan

"we often put up walls not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down"
~Author Unknown

Don't worry! Yes, in the movies, they always go for the gorgeous girls, but since when has hollywood ever reflected reality? I hope you find a great guy who likes you for who you are!

pinkleopard BRONZE, Drewsey, Oregon

Good, Better, Best never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best.

It doesn't matter what color your hair is or what color your eyes are if a guy can't except you for who you are then he's probably not worth it. I have noticed that guys also go after your personality too.

crazychick4341, Utah

I'm the captain of our cheer squad, and I'm definately the "cheerleader" type. I'm blonde with blue eyes, I'm skinny, I'm popular and I'm super smart (I'm in all advanced classes). But nobody except ONE guy is "falling head-over-heels for me" or has even gone out with me, and he's the quarterback, but I've known him for awhile and we went out before either of us got very popular. So, you can't say that they ALWAYS go for the cheerleader type.

There's a saying: Girls are like apples on a tree, boys go for the ones that are easy to reach. (It's self-explanitory)

The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Thank you (Straightens dress-jacket)

sophza PLATINUM, Sacramento, California

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ~Ferris Bueller

Brunettes outnumber blondes on our cheer team, and the majority are super funny and smart. However, the cheer captain has a smile so big that looks like it will BITE YOUR HEAD OFF not even joking. She kinda scares me...

sophza PLATINUM, Sacramento, California

Witty comeback good sir! Bravo! Encore!

This paragraph is not realistic at all. Yes, I agree that in the movie's the Blonde cheerleaders are always the ones who get the boys. That's not how it is in real life at all. In reality, boys don't care what color your hair or eye's are. If they like you, then they so be it. If not, get over it and move on. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, and blonde har doesn't say anything about how a person acts.

kksexi12 said...

I can agree, but now that I look at it from a new perspective i say that it isn't always true. boys going through puberty look for girlls who just so happen to have more shapeliness.

They will find out what they are missing out on. My boyfriend told me once If they don't like you, they aren't good enough.

That was then but I still believe it,

i will always love you tristan no matter what.

kksexi12 said...

Okay, I apologize for sounding like such a snotty brat. Please excuse my behavior. Sorry about that happenning so many times, they probably just thought they wanted something else and may have gotten turned down themselves.

Just trying to be helpful. At least you moved on, so.   :)    (:

Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
being blonde has nothing to do with it!  I promise you!