Hellfire

Lauryn M.
Hellfire
Summary:

Candace was quite the girl. She attempted to love and protect her society through the church; this was a peaceful, untouched mission.

At first, Candace was successful; she'd finally found someone that she could call a friend: Mara. Mara appreciated Candace's friendship, as well as her stimulating intellect.

But Candace has a problem with her neighbor, Eve Arsonault. And Mara is even angrier than Candice. Eve's past was deemed too mysterious to be left unscrutinized by the two, so Mara and Candace decided to investigate. But neither of them liked what they found.

The next day, something awful happened to the Arsonaults. Candace and her family talked to a local newswoman and the police officers, but none of them could figure out exactly what happened.

Worst of all, Mara started to change. She went from a kind, but gothic girl to a ferocious, violent anomaly. She tore apart anyone that dared to hurt Candace or herself, and began to scare Candace. Mara started to do mysterious, annual rituals, including the one she did an entire year ago.

But last year was the only year she'd been seen. Mara wasn't okay with that, and goes after Candace.

Mara ends up catching Candace, and says a single sentence that shatters Candace forever.

This book has 5 comments. Post your own now!

NaNa said...
May 14 at 4:32 am
You are amazingly wonderful & brilliant ! Love you Always!

ShortStory said...
You are extremely skilled at creating a suspenseful mood through vivid imagery and inner thoughts. You have created dynamic, multi-dimensional characters. Way to go!

DesmineRobinson said...
MY GOODNESS YOU HAVE GOOD VOCABULARY! YOU GO GIRL!

Lauryn M. replied...
Well, thank you, DesmineRobinson. I appreciate the recognition.

DesmineRobinson replied...
YOU ARE VERY VERY VERY WELCOME!!! As a fellow writer, I understand you, FULLheartedly.