Paradox

Katie W.
Paradox
Summary: The only thing twenty-two-year-old Candace Madoc and sixteen-year-old Allie Cross have in common is the worldwide mass murder of over a hundred people. Candace, the cause. Allie, a victim. Fictional character Violet, their worst nightmare.

Candace’s invention brings fictional characters into the real world—a seemingly harmless aspiration until the invention is stolen, hordes of fictional monsters begin wrecking havoc, and corpses start piling up throughout New York. Now all Candace wants is to destroy the invention, but she has no idea how to find the thief. It shouldn’t be too difficult, however, because the thief is looking for her, too. The thief needs something from Candace. Something with the potential to make a catastrophic situation even worse.

Meanwhile, Allie Cross’s already dysfunctional life gets an unexpected twist in the form of slick—and fictional character—Tack Slater. Despite their budding romance, neither Allie nor Tack has any idea he’s from a different world. When someone abducts Allie’s best friend and the invention, Allie and Candace’s paths collide, and they must work together to stop the thief from implementing her plans.

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is absolutely, amazing! I read your other book, "The R Word,' in one sitting; and I read this in one sitting too. You're an amazing and talented writer and person. I agree that you should get this published, because this is just phenomenal. Haha, to em. It sounded there maybe more coming, but that's just me. This was just fantastic; it kept on the edge. You have such a talent and greatness and light in you; and you are an fantastic writer and person. Thank you so much, my f... (more »)

ThatOneWritingGirl replied...
Thanks so much for reading it! It means a lot(:

GhostBeam said...
Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:58 am

GhostBeam said...
Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:55 am
I Love It.   Its Realy Amazing.   What are the Creatures?   I was surprised that Candace had a brother.             Good Work.         Keep Writing.

NOIZTHIMS said...
i'm going to read this all in one sitting, it's amazing. I like this better than some of the "bestseller" books that I've read. The charectors have a lot of realism and depth, the story so far is amazing. I'm not joking, go to a publisher with this.

ThatOneWritingGirl replied...
Thank you so much! That's like the nicest thing ever. I'm so glad you like it so far!

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was a great read! I only read the first two chapters, but they had me hooked. The first chapter was fluent and seamless, with the mystery that hooks the reader right away, and the excitement of rivalries already starting to brew, it was enticing to read. Your use of vocabulary was admirable, and the balance of action, dialogue, and thought was perfectly displayed. The first chapter was intruiging; an inventor, her mysterious invention - and the ghostly name at the end and his sudden appeara... (more »)

ThatOneWritingGirl replied...
Thanks so much for reading! I really appreciate it ;)