Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 14

Asha glared hard at Shay through an eye squinted with pain. Her entire head throbbed from the fall and she closed her eyes to wish the pain away. “Stupid, stupid Shay,” she muttered.

She heard the scrape of shoes on the cement roof and then a hand raised her head slowly. Wincing, she bit down on her lip that tasted of blood. Shay lowered her head and she sighed at the comfort of the cushion he had placed there. A pleasant warmth covered her legs that had begun to numb from the harsh
If you want to read more---post me a comment! Thanks for reading: luv my readers!!
wind.

When the shadow over her had vanished, she turned her head and peeked an eye open. Shay lay close beside her with his arms crossed over his chest, eyes closed. Glancing down, she saw that a plaid blanket was tugged snuggly around their legs, his legs peeking out way beyond the edge of the blanket.

Snuggling back into Ever’s coat, she shoved her hands into the leather pockets to guard them against the wind. Feeling something cold and smooth, she pulled it out. A pair of white headphones dangled from a flame-bedazzled iPod.

Smiling at Ever’s music-centered life, she pushed an earbud into her ear and scrolled down the list of songs. Her fingers paused at one particular song and she glanced over at Shay. His dark hair swept back and forth in the wind over his closed eyes, scarf pulled up to his chin.

With fingers still shaking, she pushed the earbud into Shay’s ear, amazed when he didn’t respond at all. It was like he had died despite the fact that she had just saved him. Clicking the “play” button, she watched his face intently, waiting for any kind of response.

The music started and she prayed with all her might that it would reach his heart.

----This is where you look up "Start Again" by Sam Tsui on Youtube-----

As the music faded, Shay reached up and tugged the earbud out of his ear. “Did you really kill them?” she quickly said now that he had actually shown signs of life.

“Yes,” his firm voice barred no room for arguing.

“No, you didn’t,” Asha said. “You’re not that kind of person.”

“And how would you know that?” Shay turned his head slightly to look over at her. She stared defiantly back at him, as though trying to hypnotize him into thinking he hadn’t done it. “I did it…but there’s more to it. And do not ask me to tell you what that “more” is, because you’re not ready to hear it and I’m not ready to tell it.” He stared up at the sky, the buildings on the horizon, anywhere but at her pleading brown eyes that seemed to always see right through to his soul. If she saw, then she might see the monster within him.

Asha turned onto her side, ignoring the jab of pain in her back, so that she was fully facing him. “You can start again.”

“This kind of broken heart doesn’t heal with time. It lasts forever.”

“But I can give you my heart, remember?” she said, gazing at his side profile. She saw his grey eyes between the strands of his dark hair.

A few moments passed as he thought carefully. “I’ll start again…under one condition,” he said.

“And that is?”

He turned his head to the side to look her straight in the face. The white puffs of his breath blew into her face as he said, “You can’t fall in love with me…ever.”

His grey eyes pleaded with her's in silent agony. With her mouth dried up, she could hardly bring herself to say the words. He was so close, his shoulder pressed to her's. "I---I won't," she said in barely a whisper.

He uncrossed his arms to stick out his pinky. "Promise?" he said, ducking his head a little to see her face clearly.

Asha glanced between his eyes and his pinky. Didn't everyone have the yearning to be loved? What was wrong with this kid! Sighing, she wound her own pinky around his and shook once.

Like nothing had ever happened, they settled back on the rooftop, but Asha kept finding herself taking quick peeks at his face. There was just something about him...

FallenAngel1 said...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm:
I think that so far its very good. When you finish the book and edit it, you should have it published. its interesting and very original. You should be pround of yourself, keep it up! :-) :-)

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 3:39 pm :

Aww! Thank you SO much. I would give you a signed copy for free- LOL!

I wish I could say that my story is original, but as you read you'll find that haf of it is and half of it isn't. Hope I don't disappoint you. :-(

Thanks again! And guess what- I uploaded a lot of chapters!

FallenAngel1 replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 4:58 pm :
Great, i can't wait to read the rest. I doubt that you'll disappoint. Keep on writing and i hope that you write more. :-) I wrote more too on the second one, Trapt.

thesoulwriter said...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm:
Soo good. i was very impressed with the colorful language. i just wish i knew who was who :( so sad

Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:15 pm :

Thank you so much! And I'm so happy that I impressed you. It's rare that that happens. ^_^

Everything will be revealed in time...thanks for reading!

FallenAngel1 said...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm:
This is really good, its very descriptive. No, i could not know which one it was because of the kiss but i think that the last one was the one that didn't want to talk to her when she first arrived at the mansion. This is very good, please keep it up.

Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm :

Thank you so much for the encouraging comment. ^_^

It's great to know you're enjoying it. I'll be sure to let you know when more is up.

FallenAngel1 said...
Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:23 pm:
This is really good, it has a great hook. I mean a 17 year old girl goes to a matchmaker to find true love, that's a new one. It's very interesting so far. Could you read some of my work? You don't have to. It's mediocre or i think it is. But i would like another write to read it. But please keep it up, i am anxious to see what happens to Asha and who that third potential match is.   :-) :-) 

Jun. 6, 2011 at 7:55 pm :
Thanks so much! I'll be sure to post the next chapter soon...and I'll post a comment on one of your works too! I'm sure it's not mediocre. Everyone has a unique style that makes it their own. :-)

AnonymousOne said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 2:46 pm:
This is really good!!! the plot is really different, and the characters are really amusing. Keep it up! Read some of my stuff when it comes out?

Jun. 1, 2011 at 2:49 pm :

Thanks so much!

I really wanted to create a story that's never been heard of before. So I'm really happy it's different. :-D

Sure, I'll read your stuff. Be sure to remind me though. ^_^

Thanks again for reading!