Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 14

Asha glared hard at Shay through an eye squinted with pain. Her entire head throbbed from the fall and she closed her eyes to wish the pain away. “Stupid, stupid Shay,” she muttered.

She heard the scrape of shoes on the cement roof and then a hand raised her head slowly. Wincing, she bit down on her lip that tasted of blood. Shay lowered her head and she sighed at the comfort of the cushion he had placed there. A pleasant warmth covered her legs that had begun to numb from the harsh
If you want to read more---post me a comment! Thanks for reading: luv my readers!!
wind.

When the shadow over her had vanished, she turned her head and peeked an eye open. Shay lay close beside her with his arms crossed over his chest, eyes closed. Glancing down, she saw that a plaid blanket was tugged snuggly around their legs, his legs peeking out way beyond the edge of the blanket.

Snuggling back into Ever’s coat, she shoved her hands into the leather pockets to guard them against the wind. Feeling something cold and smooth, she pulled it out. A pair of white headphones dangled from a flame-bedazzled iPod.

Smiling at Ever’s music-centered life, she pushed an earbud into her ear and scrolled down the list of songs. Her fingers paused at one particular song and she glanced over at Shay. His dark hair swept back and forth in the wind over his closed eyes, scarf pulled up to his chin.

With fingers still shaking, she pushed the earbud into Shay’s ear, amazed when he didn’t respond at all. It was like he had died despite the fact that she had just saved him. Clicking the “play” button, she watched his face intently, waiting for any kind of response.

The music started and she prayed with all her might that it would reach his heart.

----This is where you look up "Start Again" by Sam Tsui on Youtube-----

As the music faded, Shay reached up and tugged the earbud out of his ear. “Did you really kill them?” she quickly said now that he had actually shown signs of life.

“Yes,” his firm voice barred no room for arguing.

“No, you didn’t,” Asha said. “You’re not that kind of person.”

“And how would you know that?” Shay turned his head slightly to look over at her. She stared defiantly back at him, as though trying to hypnotize him into thinking he hadn’t done it. “I did it…but there’s more to it. And do not ask me to tell you what that “more” is, because you’re not ready to hear it and I’m not ready to tell it.” He stared up at the sky, the buildings on the horizon, anywhere but at her pleading brown eyes that seemed to always see right through to his soul. If she saw, then she might see the monster within him.

Asha turned onto her side, ignoring the jab of pain in her back, so that she was fully facing him. “You can start again.”

“This kind of broken heart doesn’t heal with time. It lasts forever.”

“But I can give you my heart, remember?” she said, gazing at his side profile. She saw his grey eyes between the strands of his dark hair.

A few moments passed as he thought carefully. “I’ll start again…under one condition,” he said.

“And that is?”

He turned his head to the side to look her straight in the face. The white puffs of his breath blew into her face as he said, “You can’t fall in love with me…ever.”

His grey eyes pleaded with her's in silent agony. With her mouth dried up, she could hardly bring herself to say the words. He was so close, his shoulder pressed to her's. "I---I won't," she said in barely a whisper.

He uncrossed his arms to stick out his pinky. "Promise?" he said, ducking his head a little to see her face clearly.

Asha glanced between his eyes and his pinky. Didn't everyone have the yearning to be loved? What was wrong with this kid! Sighing, she wound her own pinky around his and shook once.

Like nothing had ever happened, they settled back on the rooftop, but Asha kept finding herself taking quick peeks at his face. There was just something about him...

This book has 303 comments. Post your own now!

Country_Storm_Inspired said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:19 am
DEFINATELY POST MORE! i'm hooked!!(:

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...

Thank you so much for your comment. I feel so loved.

I've "definitely posted more." Enjoy!

em&m said...
Love the Sam Tsui reference Sam rocks!! BTW post more your story is awesome.

IMperfect said...
OMG YOU NEEEEED TO WRITE MORE!!!!

If you would like to keep reading my story- I've put more up. I hope you like it!

livethelifeyouwanttolive said...
You are an AMAZING writer. I forgot this was written by another teen. I am LOVING this book. It's amazing. <333

LOL! Thanks so much- it's fun to hear the same thing from two different people. It kind of cements things.

And thank you so much for loving my book- it makes me feel appreciated!

p.s.- I love your username.

livethelifeyouwanttolive replied...

Oh it's no problem at all. :D

p.s. Thanks! <333

Basketball.Queen said...
Please write more. You can't leave us hanging with that last chapter! Please think bout writing more. You are such a talented and gifted author.

CresentShadow said...
Great job, you need to put more up! :D Its amazing still.

Randomize14 said...
omg i love this!!!!!! KEEP WRITING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

animalluvr4evr said...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:54 am
You are a really good writer!  Way better than I could ever be!  Your book has me hooked! I crave for more! :)

*blushes* Thanks so very much!

And don't say that: you can be so much better than me. Just keep working at it.

I'm so happy I've got you hooked- it makes me feel so accomplished. Your craving is soon to be satisfied. :-)

CresentShadow said...
I need more! (: That should become a movie if you ever finish it.

Aww! Thanks so much- I feel so honored.

Someday....maybe it'll happen. And I hope you'll see it. :-D

CresentShadow replied...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 8:01 am
No problem (: I really would like more. 

More is up! I hope you like it!!

Country_Storm_Inspired said...
Write more!!!! Please(:(:(:

My drive for writing has kind of fizzled out in the past weeks....

My work/school is taking so much of my time: but I'll try hard to write more!

Thanks for your comment!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:21 am
 I love romances and this was really good!! I very nice piece of work! great job! I just posted a new story i wrote called: Alien invasion series book one: the caller. If any of u had time please go check it out and post feedback and comments. It would be much appreciated! Thanks! and keep writing everyone! :)(: