Broken

Lauren A.
Broken
Summary: Adena Smith is an 18 year old girl who suffers from bipolar disorder. Her father is an alcoholic, and her mother drives her up a wall. Her therapy sessions seem to be one of the only things that keep her sane.
That is, until she meets Kris. A charming 20 year old who seems the same therapist she does. After bumping into him unexpectedly at a bookstore in her small home town of Winthrop, Massachusetts, she begins to realize that maybe not everyone is as bad as she thinks.

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 27, 2014 at 11:37 am
I write my comments while I'm reading, so they tend to be kind of long. I just wanted to let you know in advance. I absolutely love the personality and voice on your writing right at the beginning. It really captivated me. I really do like the personality. I don't know how you do it, but you put attitude in your writing, all while maintaining excellent grammar & word choice and writing an incredible story. Way to go. I feel like you say "thank the gods" a little much. Maybe that's her thing, but... (more »)

Laurennnn replied...
May 30, 2014 at 1:43 am
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. e. e. cumming's name is never supposed to be capitalized by the way, just so you know in the future. He never wrote it that way because he didn't want to seem more important that his work. If you've read a lot of his stuff, it's pretty clear he doesn't believe in capitals.  I'm still working on this piece, so I'll be posting more soon, when I have it finished, I just wanted to get feedback on the part I had done... (more »)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 30, 2014 at 9:24 am
Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know!

JustAnotherDay. said...
Aw this is lovely, and I like that you added some mental health aspects to it, as I know some from personal expierence! Thank you. <3

Laurennnn said...
May 20, 2014 at 1:38 am
New material is on it's way; I promise!

kaylaaaa said...
I really love it!!!! you NEED  to write more!!!!!!! NOW