hot air

Hannah B.
hot air
Summary: Aaron Jirikowic is a simple, anti-social man who does not know who he truly is. He has a lot of trouble communicating with his erratic sister and passive father, and is not sure he even wants to bother. When his sister, who he has not talked to for many months, calls him at his apartment in Chicago, he almost does not pick up. He only answers the phone because of his loneliness, and is persuaded into traveling across the world for a year. Arriving at the departure area, he becomes unsure about how the trip will affect him. Aaron climbs onto the boat ship, and before he can regret it he is dragged into a life-changing journey.

He meets many interesting people on his trip around the world. However, his knowledge of his fellow passengers remains stale. Aaron tries to get to know his new peers better, but they remain aloof. He won’t push them to tell him their stories. They do not give him the pleasure of knowing. He refuses to let their unfriendliness keep him down, and he becomes a valued member of the boat ship. And despite his passiveness towards his peers, he discovers what type of person he is with the help of his anxious sister and the mysterious Captain Mo. Life becomes stranger throughout the trip, and Aaron does not know where he will end up... Only how he got there.