Diary of a Teenage Sociopath | Teen Ink

Diary of a Teenage Sociopath

By -MidnightAngel- GOLD, A Field of Paper Flowers, California
-MidnightAngel- GOLD, A Field Of Paper Flowers, California

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"

Summary:

Diary of a teenage sociopath follows the tragic and horrifying life of a teenager named Erin who suffers from Antisocial Personality Disorder.The story starts when Erin is sixteen, living at home with her foster parents and foster sister. She leads a seemingly normal life, going to great lengths to keep her sociopathic nature a secret from everyone other than her little sister who she regulerly torments just for fun. That is, until a new girl comes to her school named Niki. Erin sees this now girl as a threat to her secrets and desides that drastic mesures must be taken to ensure Niki's silence.

-MidnightAngel-

Diary of a Teenage Sociopath

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

...she is cold...

Tookie565 said...
on Oct. 28 2014 at 10:44 am
Tookie565, Dubai, Other
i agree! full on love this till now!

theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Excellent! it felt like a book i could pick up at barnes and noble. i really like it and it was entertaining.  however, i do think u try bit hard to make her look like a socialpath. socialpath do have some emotion,(they feel happy and laugh at jokes) however the like empathy, the ability to relate to others and to understand other emotions (so while smile- pratice is entertaining, it bit much

Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other

"..though warm as summer it was fresh as spring." (Thomas Hardy) ("Far from the Madding crowd")

Write more - I want to see what happens next, since you left it on a cliffhanger! 

villain123 said...
villain123, Bridgewater, New Jersey

"I'm okay with war as long as nobody gets hurt."

It was entertaining but I had difficulty in believing Nicky's behavior. She sees Erin push Lilly, she knows that Erin is a sociopath capable of murder, she should have known in the hospital that Erin wanted to kill her to get rid of witnesses, and to top it off, Erin threatens her. And yet, Nicky makes it easy for Erin to hit her in the head. She doesn't even think of watching her back, running out of the room, defending herself, or yelling for help. Even Lilly was unbelievable. If someone told me they were going to push me off the stairs, I would be more careful around them. It just seems unrealistic...even Paris Hilton wouldn't have been so stupid.

on Feb. 29 2012 at 11:06 am
Sociopaths do have emotions. I know this because I am one. I've three emotions, angry, sad and happy, but it hard to make fell one of these emotions.

A.Raven.Is.Like.A.Writing.Desk PLATINUM, Caledonia, Mississippi

If zombies attack us..im tripping u
If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go through life thinking its stupid.
If you love somthing then let it go, if it doesn't come back it was never yours.
I'm scared to fall and be dropped.

this was my first and only thing I have read so far on here, but I doubt anything can compare! It is amazing, well composed, fit toegther PERFECTLY, and it catchs your interest right when you start to read it.

Thank you! :-)

on Jan. 9 2012 at 7:56 am
ILoveWritingAlot BRONZE, E, Other

Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
There never was a good war, or a bad peace.;
“People will believe anything if you whisper it.”
“Where words fail, Music speaks”

my god!! you're danm talented!! you rock!! :-)

CountryPopGirl PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, New Jersey

"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly..."
-Dr. Jack Hodgins (Bones)

You need to make a sequel. I would be devastates if you just left it there.

Cool :D           You really ought to write a sequal.

AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York

"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "I don't get distracted easil-SQUIRREL!"

Please, try to put it on. Oh, and I would really appreciate it if you could check out my book. Its called The Searcher's Allies

It's going to be called, Erin's Revenge, (corny, I know lol), But unfourtunetly it's gotten a bit to big for TI :-\ 

AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York

when are u going to post the 2nd one? and what is it going to be called?

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
well they have emotion just no regret for their actions or concern for other people. to them people arn't friends or family they are just people that can be munipulated and used. 

prettylittlewriter BRONZE, Villa Park, California

These violent delights have violent ends.

Wow, that is really good. I still can't understand why someone could kill someone, but I really thought this story was very realistic and it taught me that sociopathic people just have no emotion. You are very talented. Can't wait to read more

on Jul. 19 2011 at 12:42 am
Pedophobic BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

If you want people to be themselves, be prepared to expect not only the best of them, but the worst as well.

I forgot to include in my last comment that i really really liked this, and that you should continue the story.

on Jul. 19 2011 at 12:39 am

Great story

at first i thought the writing was a little to much like stephanie myers, a plus for some but i dont like her writing style, but as i read further it became very interesting to read

the only problems i see are the visual descriptions of the characters

what do they look like? Is erin short, tall, fat, pretty, ugly? is she white?

that most is sort of implied unless her hair is bleached, but what about everyone else?

and the only other thing that bothered me immedietly was that you said sociopaths dont feel emotions, but i saw alot of emotions being described in those 4 chapters; irritability, anger, frustration, etc.

so is it that sociopaths dont have emotions, or that they dont have possitive emotions?

Mackenzie29 SILVER, Hamilton, Other

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

WOOWWWW!!!! That was amazing, i love how you made your characters so realistic. You could see this happening in real life and it really makes you question the people around you. I loved it :D

on Jul. 18 2011 at 8:29 am
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
It was was AWESOME!!! great job! (Sorry for advrertizing) I just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. If anyone could check them out and post some comments and feedback that would be great. Thanks! and keep writing everybody! :)(: