Breakup Advice

After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

COMMENT AND WRITE YOUR OWN STORY BACK!

britt_18 said...
on May. 15 2011 at 7:59 pm
britt_18, Winnipeg, Other

"if you love something, let it go. if it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesnt, then it was never meant to be ."

ahhh its so freaking hard to move on though, like i'll be okay for a bit and then i'll start thinking about him and its so hard to deal with! I can't help wondering if we'll ever end up with each other again .

on May. 13 2011 at 8:10 am
BlakeAyrl SILVER, Constable, New York

Mess with my mate and i will bear my fangs - Me when Im ticked -
Leave her alone or deal with me - Me when Im ticked -

im always there for her and i tell her that and thanks lol

on May. 12 2011 at 5:53 pm
twilightlover SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri

love is the slowest suicide.
i love you is eight letters..... so is bull shit.

oh i can realy relate to that. im not much of a talker either unless its a subject i can really talk about but then im nervous around guys. and for the self reliant part. can relate again. you just have to be patient and let her see that your there for her. thats really hard. let her get to trust you on a deep level and see will see that she can depen on you and have you help her. but its going to take time and work. its very hard.

on May. 11 2011 at 2:41 pm
BlakeAyrl SILVER, Constable, New York

she isnt much of a talker and she's more self reliant and that doesnt help

on May. 10 2011 at 9:06 pm
Angel123 SILVER, Avondale, Arizona

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.

This is so true. i just went through a breakup and it hurts so mad. I feel like i did nothing wrong and yet im being treated like the bad guy. Or girl, in this case. It sucks so much. I dont know wat to do anymore, but i dnt think i can forget. I keep Trying, even if it hurts me more.

on May. 10 2011 at 8:24 pm

love is the slowest suicide.

yeah you just got to be careful and mind the scars. you dont want it to happen again, have you ever tried talking to her about it?

on May. 10 2011 at 11:48 am
BlakeAyrl SILVER, Constable, New York

yeah the girl i am in love with pushed me away and just totally changed but now we plan on trying again in a little while but the scars still linger

on May. 7 2011 at 10:45 pm

love is the slowest suicide.

dang it is hard. i mean i have gone through some hard break ups and all but this last one has been the hardest. im still in love with this dude and all but he's going after someone else and he says that we're just friends and all that but the way he kisses me kinda says different but he doesnt want to get to attached. so yeah. i mean its really really hard to let go.

on May. 6 2011 at 5:10 pm
TragicMagic SILVER, Smiths Grove, Kentucky

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts...and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

SOME PPL CAN"T!!!!!!!!

on May. 6 2011 at 5:07 pm

I liked this, my bf broke up with me months ago, I still like him and it hurts to walk by him in the hallways and whatnot. :'(

on May. 6 2011 at 8:47 am
Valhalla-is-calling GOLD, Waterboro, Maine

"No parent should have to bury their own child." -Theodin

My boyfriend asked me out the other day. so I read this for when I need it.

KayKay:-) said...
on Apr. 16 2011 at 6:46 am
I don't have much experience with romance in general, but I'm pretty sure this is good advice. However, you can still remember some good memories, as long as when you think about them you don't feel all sad ands depressed. But that's just me.

on Apr. 15 2011 at 4:55 pm
jaymishae SILVER, Jonesboro, Arkansas

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

This is too true.

on Apr. 15 2011 at 4:53 pm
jaymishae SILVER, Jonesboro, Arkansas

I remember when my boyfriend moved to Dallas so we had to breakup because we knew the long-distance thing wouldn't work. So when I got my next boyfriend, I never forgot the first and it hurt me so much I broke up with him, leaving him behind, trying to get me back. Now we're friends again, but it took a year to get. I definitely would've been better off if I would have forgotten. This is really good advice.

on Apr. 13 2011 at 11:02 pm
everything_shane BRONZE, Manila, Florida

Don't rush things. Good things will come to those who wait.

nice.. i love this :)

.Izzy. BRONZE said...
on Apr. 5 2011 at 5:13 pm
.Izzy. BRONZE, Broadview Heights, Ohio
Oh wow, I can relate to this. Breakups suck. I decided I needed to end my relationship with my boyfriend for various reasons recently.  We both still love each other, which makes it hard, but I know in my heart it was for the best. Still, moving on is hard. I guess time heals...

on Mar. 24 2011 at 4:52 pm
kaitlyn4 SILVER, Keller, Texas
my boyfriend broke up with me yesterday, and we have already decided to stay friends.

on Mar. 23 2011 at 5:49 pm
KelleySchorn SILVER, Fort Worth, Texas

Whatever you are be a good one-some president i dont remember which
procrastinaters unite!...tomorrow!!-matt
i'm F-U-L-LLLLL i think i can spellllll-allie =]

i agree breakups are harddd! even if ur the one who did the breaking up. i just broke up with my first ever bf, he didnt do anything wrong i just dont like him like that anymore. i cant help how i feel! and now everyones getting on my back for being a jerk!:( i just want to forget about the whole thing and move on with my life!

Blackwing said...
on Mar. 16 2011 at 5:07 pm
Blackwing, Manassas, Virginia

Humans are born , then they die. Thus, is it not better not being born at all? You have to ask yourself, what you can acomplish in this short amount of time.

yet it's nice to have around sometimes.

on Mar. 15 2011 at 7:01 pm
teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

I agree. Love is but an irritating human emotion that causes one to do things that they regret for the rest of their lives. 'Tis unnecessary. It's degrading and self-depricating.

...Yes, I know, I'm bitter. 

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!