The Office | Teen Ink

The Office

June 20, 2009
By hullothere GOLD, Bam, Washington
hullothere GOLD, Bam, Washington
13 articles 0 photos 15 comments

“There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."”
~Pam Beesly

“The Office” is a T.V. comedy that airs on Thursday night from 9:00 to 9:30. A synopsis of the show is that all the employees at Dunder Mifflin Paper Company Scranton branch have to get by work day to day by dealing with their jerky (but funny) boss Michael Scott. This show satirizes the hardships of office life. The writers constantly create new drama to take place on the show and make everyday activities comical. The Scranton branch is very dysfunctional and it is not hard to see why. How could they get work done with throwing random parties all the time, or having people like Michael or Dwight who turn a simple lesson from Red Cross into an impossible adversity!

The unique style that this show captures is incredible. The mockumentary is filmed in such a fashion so as the characters acknowledge the camera by constantly giving amusing looks to it after an occurrence. There are also character interviews that display head shots of them and the character rambles on about something that happened to them, a feeling, or occasionally something that makes no sense at all. But you can guarantee that whatever it is, it will cause you to double over in laughter.

Needless to say every week I look forward to Thursday: the day that I get to amuse myself with the incredibly hilarious show “The Office” on NBC. It begins with a catchy tune that immediately causes me to jump on to the couch and give the screen my undivided attention. It is a show that couples great acting and improv with humor to create awesome entertainment. The characters interact in such a humorous way that you just can't help chuckle at the events that take place. I mean with Jim and Pam's witty schemes to humiliate Dwight, Stanley's sarcasm, or even Angela's obsessing over her cats, you just can't resist it! And as Michael would say “That's what she said!”