My Name is Earl | Teen Ink

My Name is Earl

April 21, 2021
By FIRETRUCK BRONZE, Lethbridge, Other
FIRETRUCK BRONZE, Lethbridge, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I remember when I was like 5-6, I was watching tv and this show My Name is Earl came on and from the first line I started to giggle. From that day forward I watched it every day  and then I found out it was on Netflix so I watched it when I wanted and I didn’t have to wait for it to be on the tv.

The main character is Earl and is brother Randy they lived with Earls ex-wife Joy. One warm summer day Earl went to the store one day and bought a lotto ticket and then went on to rob a family’s car parked out front of the gas station.  As he scratched the ticket, he had realized he just won so he ran into the road out of enjoyment and got hit by a car. Later that day he ended up in the hospital, Joy came to see Earl and came with a guy known as Crab Man. Joy handed Earl divorce papers that he did not know were because the hospital had him on drug for the bones he had broken. He signed them and” joy went on to say that Crab Man was moving in  ‘’ ‘’Earl said I thought we were married she said not anymore and pointed to the papers and walked out.

So from that point on Earl started to watched the tv on the wall and a guy named Carson Daily had popped up and said if you do good things good things will happen, if you do bad things bad things will happen. So Earl thought that’s why his life sucks because all he did his whole life was do bad things so he made a list of all the bad things he had done and would cross them off one by one till he had fixed what he had ever done bad.

The worst part is they really could have ended the movie when Earl had finished his list but they just stop the  show out of nowhere, some of the more funny characters don’t show up as much as I wish they did. At some points Earls wife act more like a main character then she really is and it gets annoying  because I want to see earl going through his life struggles because he gets into lots of fights and things like that. The best parts are seeing him succeed because that takes a lot of courage to change your life around like that. People that may need a little help getting onto the right path and just do not know how to do it but want to this movie is good for that.

I would say this is good choice for anyone that likes a good sitcom, comedy or just needs a good laugh so if you’re into that type of genre I would recommend to maybe give this one a try.