In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson | Teen Ink

In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

King Crimson is a band that loves to be funny as evidence from songs like Elephant Talk for example. Still, it's hard not to like this band in the slightest. While, much like Yes and Genesis, they did have a couple line up changes here and there, they are still the classic King Crimson we have all come to live.
The bands debut album is one epic classic. While it is only 40 minutes total and only includes five tracks, there is plenty of enjoyment to be had. From the first track 21st Century Schizoid Man then I Talk To the Wind, Epitaph, the fourth track and The Title Track you can't go wrong if you like progressive rock and/or King Crimson. There is a story in this however which has to do with the Schizoid Man getting arrested for God knows how long to then later be trialled In The Court Of the Crimson King and found innocent and let go. From the Frantic first track that everyone knows, you know, the one with jazz instruments and impossible drumming, to the grand finale of the title track of well over 9 minutes, you have to be in for a treat here.
I give this album a 10/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.