Scar Sighted by Leviathan | Teen Ink

Scar Sighted by Leviathan

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Coming out of Portland, Oregon is the death/black metal band Leviathan. This band(fronted by Wrest)has been pushing the boundaries of metal since formation with the one man enterprise. While this is my first impression of the band, I feel they did something right with this release. Enough dilly dally, We must get started now.
This 8 or so track album has many things packed into this mighty, crushing, and brutal album like atmosphere and well, it's very crushing to say the least. With tracks like Within Thrall, All Tongues Toward and the epic track Scar Sighted just eclipsing 10 minutes in length. If you love either atmosphere, black metal, or death metal you're in true luck my friend. The title track is especially great, not just because its ten minutes, but of the crushing don't, gloomy riffs which then lead to the end of the song which ups the brutality and speed as well. If you love atmosphere, you're gonna get some from that for sure. I see no real flaw in sight. It really is a perfect release.
I give this a 10/10. I am the Grim Reaper, Signing off.

I plan to review as many full albums as I possibly can. With that in mind, what album should I review next in the "new" status. Any suggestions in 2015 will be accepted.