Hate Crew Deathroll by Children of Bodom | Teen Ink

Hate Crew Deathroll by Children of Bodom

March 18, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Remember Are You Dead Yet? Well I'll be backtracking a bit to this release in 2003. Finnish Melodic Death Metal bands seem to have a certain charm that not one band from the Gothenburg scene can match. Children of Bodom is one of those bands with that special charm that overthrows Gothenburg's scene pretty easily, it is also my favorite Melodic Death Metal band and one of my favorite Power Metal bands, yes I did just say that.

Hate Crew Deathroll is what many CoB fans would say is their last good album until Halo of Blood in 2013. While I beg to differ, it is better than Blooddrunk and Are You Dead Yet? combined. This album also includes ac couple of singles such as Needled 24/7 and Sixpounder the first two tracks of the album. And for my Slayer fans they also did a cover Silent Screams, out of all the ones they could've done, from the album Skeletons In The Closet as a bonus track which was later put in the Bodom Covers album along with Shot In The Dark and Oops, I Did It Again just to name a few which is to show their influences a bit more blatantly. The solo work is also spot on and the keyboards, something thats's common in power metal, is also a bit more audible, especially in the solos it has. Alexi and the boys are Melodic Death gods when it comes to some of their Classic Bodom works.

The album may have a couple flaws but it holds its own very well, thus I shall give it a 9.8/10, almost a perfect score.


The author's comments:

Next up will be yet another Bodom review, Follow the Reaper.