Empire(1990) by Queensyrche | Teen Ink

Empire(1990) by Queensyrche

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

Queensryche's first 90's album and their second best album according to fans. After the success of Operation: Mindcrime you would expect them to make another story based album. Not true in this case but they do include some very memerable songs in the album. Songs like Silent Lucidity and Empire are sure to be stuck in your head. Geoff Tate is a pheonomenal singer until he gets old and cranky. 11 tracks of awesome all the way through and you are sure to remember at least one of them. If you asked me my favorite I would say something like Jet City Woman or Another Rainy Night(Without You) you know the more ballady type songs. The intro Best I Can is also a good example of what to expect from the album and mighty fine ones at that. If you love Dream Theater or Rush, I recommend checking out Queensryche's material and especially Empire. There are however a couple weak songs towards the end after Silent Lucidity. If you do get the remastered version as well you will likely get tracks Last Time In Paris, Scarborough Fair(an english classic), and Dirty Lil Secret.

The album is amazing and I loved it as a Chrismas Present making it even more special in my eyes. 9/10

How do you like my new reviewing style. Post in the comments below what you think. My next Review: The Silent Circus by Between the Buried and Me.