Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young | Teen Ink

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

I recently attended a Crosby, Stills, Nashand Young concert. It was the first time the band has been together fora tour in 25 years, but they haven't missed a beat since Woodstock. Thestage was decorated with voodoo dolls and candles that really set thescene for their performance. As soon as the lights dimmed and the bandwalked on stage, the crowd went crazy.

One thing that caught myattention were the unique clothes the audience was wearing. Many lookedlike they had been at the original Woodstock.

It was trulyamazing how the audience got into the music. The age of the audienceranged from 15 to 60 years old, yet everyone in the packed arena wasreally into the music. People dressed in hippie dresses, ripped jeansand leather jackets danced in their own worlds, while others just noddedto the mellow music.

Everyone was particularly pleased with theenergy and guitar playing of Neil Young. David Crosby, Stephen Stillsand Young would jam after every song, totally blowing away the crowd.Graham Nash gave a stunning performance on the piano and vocals. Theband played for three and half-hours, which included two songs theyhadn't played all tour, "Sweet Judy Blue Eyes" and"Helpless." They performed others like "Wood-stock,""Ohio," "Southern Man" and five songs off their newalbum that riled the crowd even more.

Overall, it was a greatshow and I enjoyed every minute. It was great seeing these guys backtogether. It was one of the best nights of my life and I recommendanyone who likes the band purchase their new CD, "LookingForward."