Gavin Degraw - Chariot | Teen Ink

Gavin Degraw - Chariot

April 4, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Gavin Degraw

Chariot



Those screaming tweens could never get in the way of me singing along with that bluesy folk-style music Gavin Degraw creates. Gavin Degraw live had to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The man grabs your heart and tugs at those strings. The ones you thought you could never even feel being bothered with. As I looked around in the audience that night of the concert, I couldn't look one way without seeing a fan belting out their lungs. The fans of Gavin Degraw are true and real, and loyal to thier hero. The look he has as he performs; it shows a sign of weakness but security. He has that sly confidence about him that just makes you love him. And his voice? Don't even get me started. Just think Marvin Gaye, Barry Manilow, Micahel Buble. But all of them, together, only twenty times better.


Degraw's music has gotten me through so much in life. I was depressed, his caring words brightened up my day. That small tap of the foot his music brings on could make all the difference in the world. I could go on forever about him. My dream is to meet him, and that-- I will never let go. Degraw makes me dream of how the world can be better. His lyrics, which by the way, he writes his self, help you indulge the real world and how we all really want better lives, and we can have them in this colorful world. "I don't wanna be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately", neither do I, neither do I.