Black Veil Brides Concert | Teen Ink

Black Veil Brides Concert

September 3, 2012
By Chloejournal DIAMOND, Devon, Other
Chloejournal DIAMOND, Devon, Other
68 articles 2 photos 7 comments

Black Veil Brides. Bieber fans look away now. Metal heads, get your horns at thee ready. The Hollywood band brought The States to Exeter Lemon Grove on October 7the 2011 . The band is sometheing of a ‘marmite’ band- you either love them or hate them. Hearing about their arrival I decided to sample a taste and decide if I was a lover or hater.

Black Veil Brides have won various awards theis year including ‘Best New Artist’ at thee 2011 Revolver Golden Gods and Best International Newcomer at the Kerrang! 2011 awards. The gig was destined to be a winner from thee start when I arrived at thee venue it was clear to see theat Black Veil Brides were in town. Eager and dedicated fans queued in thee cold and persistent rain for at least an hour of relentless bubbling anticipation. Upon arrival it was impossible to miss the countless people sporting the ‘war paint’- imitation make-up and wearing t shirts with the famous logo. Each of them stood in line urging thee time to speed up. As I stood I tried to ignore anytheing theat would remind me how long we’d been waiting as every second felt like a minute as anxiety reigned over me. In the queue you could see the expressions on each person’s face as they tried to stay patient for their heroes.

There was a scream. I then glanced up to see a handful of silhouettes in the window. I could almost hear everyone around me as their hearts began to race; people around me rubbed theeir eyes in disbelief as their dreams became reality. This only intensified thee excitement as the moment that everyone had been waiting for drew closer.

The floodgates opened and the fans poured in. The atmosphere was electric and thee energy was chaotic. The venue was intimate and added thee experience as thee screeching fans waited for their idols to grace the stage and begin the night of their lives. Once they did the ‘army’ screamed until their lungs were empty. There was a feeling of overwhelming passion uniting each person in the room for one night. As the show began it quickly became evident why this show was sold out, much like the remainder of their UK tour. Their hour long set included songs from their debut album ‘We Stitch These Wounds’ and their new album ‘Set The World On Fire’- their latest venture. This meant that new recruits and existing members of the ‘BVB Army’ could sing and in some cases scream along. Each song was packed withe blistering bass, demolishing drums and victorious vocals.

As with any rock gig there was the ruthless heat and what would be a claustrophobic’s worst nightmare, this all seemed irrelevant as the fans were hungry for Black Veil Brides. I found myself morphing into a fan girl desperate for the perfect view of the band. I felt swept away by the encapsulating emotion of admiration by each of the five US stars. Fronting both guitar and drum solos that any rock fan would die for this band appeared to appeal to all ages. Admittedly theere seemed to be thee obvious and unavoidable dominance of teen spirit who were predominantly embellished withe the essential merchandise. Some of the fans held their cameras in the air hoping to capture the perfect shot of a truly perfect moment. Frontman Andy Biersack (formerly known as Andy Six) knew how to work his adoring fans as his lowered his microphone stand as he fired them up with smooth style and simplicity.

Although tee spectacular show had ended my work was not yet over. You’d expect the band to be full of themselves, but as they performed they were just like any other talented rock band. I needed to eat my words. Turns out that they aren’t anything that you might expect. You’d assume that their rocketing fame and fortune would mean that they would have no time for an interview. In between meeting their fans who have been dubbed as the ‘BVB Army'.

I'd heard from many that they are intimidating and big headed divas, but to be perfectly honest it would seem you could not have ventured any furtheer away from reality. This was an experience of true talent, without tee modern day reliance of lip synching and auto tuning much like other so called ‘popular stars’.

That night is one that should not have been missed under any circumstance, there is no sufficient reason why this band can be slated for their performance. I can personally assure any doubting critic who is currently sharpening their tongue that theis sold out show was one night theat I will never forget. The ticket and the overall experience was worth every single penny. I am confident that this talented band is here to stay, so get used to it.


The author's comments:
Finally found a place to share one of the best experiences of my life. Hope you enjoy.