Shy Violet by Owl City | Teen Ink

Shy Violet by Owl City

By Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington
Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington

" Times you see, is a little arrangement that man has made for himself to try to measure the immeasurable mysteries of life." -Calypso to Ulysses (Bernard Evslin.)
"You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" - CS Lewis

When I was about 9 years old I received a doll from a friend titled "Shy Violet". For some reason, this really inspired me. At one point, I wrote a song about her.
This passed June, my favorite pop band Owl City released their newest album "All Things Bright and Beautiful". I was looking through the tracks when I saw a song titled "Shy Violet" just like my childhood works. It contained a beautiful mix of dreamy lyrics, precise rhythm, nice piano pieces, and haunting to almost celestial electronic scopes.
"Shy Violet" is now one of my favorite songs, because of my nostalgia to my younger years, and I love the calmness of that song compared to the other songs on the album. ?

It's funny when you make something up and then some famous person does almost the same thing.
Owl City wrote my song!!

Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington

I heard it on YouTube. I haven't bought anything from the iTunes store for about a year.

MayBnot said...

This is lovely. All things Bright and Beautiful is very different from Owl City's earlier works. I kinda like it better.

How did you find "Shy Violet", though? It's only on the Japanese iTunes. . .I'd like to hear it, but I can't find it.