Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell" | Teen Ink

Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell" MAG

By Tu-khanh Lam BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
Tu-khanh Lam BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas

Miley who? Since the release of Selena Gomez's first CD, “Kiss & Tell,” the hearts of many fans have transferred from the kid-candy pop of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus to the sweet sound of Gomez's soothing voice. The Disney actress tries to reach out to her audience as she reveals her full potential in her new pop-rock songs. Can the native Texan prove to the world that she can do more than act and put on a pretty face? Will her audience accept the sudden change in Gomez's career? We'll see.

Known more as an actress on the hit show, “Wizards of ­Waverly Place,” Gomez's singing talent was hidden ­behind hilarious facial expressions and comedic lines. When I first heard the familiar sound of her voice flow with the catchy tune of “Cruella De Vil” from Disney's “101 Dalmatians,” I leaped in excitement. She blew me away with her optimistic voice, and amazing control. Selena Gomez will dominate the charts with her bubbly personality, rock-hard beats, and soul-touching lyrics.

As a new singer, Gomez brought her best to her debut album with heartfelt songs like “The Way I Loved You” and fast, dance beats of “More” and “Naturally.” The beats control the listener's mind, giving anyone the urge to get up and dance. The lyrics scream fun and excitement and the catchy melody makes the song difficult not to sing constantly the next day.

I highly recommend buying this talented Disney star's first CD. I have no doubt that Selena Gomez will find her way to the top of the charts and leave a permanent impression.

pink zebra said...
on Aug. 27 2010 at 8:33 am
woah she's a bomb, iam really loving her for her voice, and her acting, she is like an angel from heaven

AriesKitty BRONZE, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

Whatever!!

I like Selena Gomez, and if she does branch out from Disney she won't do it like Miley. This article really makes her sound awesome, good job!

HOPEfully SILVER, Clayton, North Carolina

My Cinderella. She is real. She exists. I pray for her constantly. May God satisfy the desires of her heart, draw her close, consume her. May He claim her passions, her identity, her refuge, her hopes, her strengths and weaknesses -Adam Young

i i totally agree with this article and with selena's voice, sound, and overall supiriority to Miley

IAmMyself BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts
1 article 1 photo 28 comments

Saying that life will be good to you because your a good person is like saying that an angry bull won't charge because your a vegetarian

-I Don't Know

i can see why she is stealing mileys fans. i personally do not listen to that type of music however they are very simillar styles and selena's like the shiny new toy in the music biz. she also has a spot on a hit show locked. i do not listen to her however her acting is very amusing and fun to watch. she seems to represent disney well however soon she should branch out so she isnt seen as a kid on disney all of her life like miley

Mollie Kohring BRONZE, Lopez Island, Washington
Very well writing! The article was excellent but I don’t agree. I think Gomez is a good actress but not great maybe she will get there someday. Her songs may be catchy but not amazing and when live her vocals are not that great at all.

G.M.Palacio SILVER, Bayamon, Other

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decide to see beyond the imperfections.

Great review! I'm not a fan of Selena's music. I'm not saying she's not a good singer, but I prefer to see her acting than singing. If she's really going to pursue a music career, she's would have to really work hard on taking away the "Disney" image.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

well written. nice review :)

Everhart said...
Everhart, Boston, Massachusetts

"I am a fat girl, trapped in a normal girl's body."

I love Selena. She's so awesome. Great review!

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I totally agree with you that Selena is better than miley. Great article.

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:57 am
Valery5, Riverside, California

"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

Selena is a great singer I love this CD, she is waaaay better than miley. even in acting she's better than her

IsobelFree DIAMOND, Hamilton, Other

"As long as there is open road, the familiar has the most formidable competitor." - Anonymous

I like this - I'm not crazy about Selena, but good article. Just wanted to point out that it isn't just Selena Gomez doing the album - the album is actually Selena Gomez and the Scene.

Jenna4Jesus BRONZE, New Brunswick, North Carolina
lols <3 selena gomez. I loved her since i was like 6 and watched her everyday on Barney. XD

WiseGirl said...
WiseGirl, Adams, Tennessee

"I think, therefore I am."
-Rene Decartes

I love this album. I am listening to it right now!

Watson8995 said...
I'm not the biggest Selena fan, but I definately agree with this! It was well written, and very well opinionated, as much as I like Miley and Demi, Selena does have a talent. Well done Tuki(;

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

Out of all those other Disney wannabees (Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, etc.) I actually really like Selena Gomez. She's a talented actress (and role model, unlike Miley Cyrus), a pretty good singer (unlike the Jonas Brothers) and just a pretty down-to-earth girl that hasn't let celebrity go to her head! Personally, I actually have some respect for her because she's worked hard to achieve those things.

FunXsize3 BRONZE, Honey Brook, Pennsylvania

"Life is like a box of choclates"

It seems like that every Disney star has to sing. I love Selena's attitude in her songs. Miley cyrus will soon be forgotten in Hollywood. I think Demi is also amazing.

tiaramirium said...
on Mar. 3 2010 at 7:58 am
sry i meant demi and miley gud singersbuh bad songs :(

tiaramirium said...
on Mar. 3 2010 at 7:55 am
demi,miley may be a really singer but 98% of her songs are pathetic!!!!Jus' the opposite for selena!!!!:)[PLUS miley n demi CAnt ACT AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL]

Hinz said...
on Mar. 3 2010 at 7:13 am
I LAAAVE Selena!!! She is an amazing role model for kids and teenagers to look up to! she has the nicest personality, the most flawless everyday apperence and the biggest heart the world has seen in a girl!! i love her and i know she will go extremley far. anyone who denys this will be laughed at in the face one day!! she will get more popular than lady gaga even but the clean and pure way!!! great job sel!!

oh.... said...
on Mar. 3 2010 at 5:27 am
SELENA > MILEY

miley will be gone in hollywood after a few years. She has NO talent. selena's a mediocre singer but a great actress.