Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell" | Teen Ink

Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell" MAG

By Tu-khanh Lam BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
Tu-khanh Lam BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas

Miley who? Since the release of Selena Gomez's first CD, “Kiss & Tell,” the hearts of many fans have transferred from the kid-candy pop of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus to the sweet sound of Gomez's soothing voice. The Disney actress tries to reach out to her audience as she reveals her full potential in her new pop-rock songs. Can the native Texan prove to the world that she can do more than act and put on a pretty face? Will her audience accept the sudden change in Gomez's career? We'll see.

Known more as an actress on the hit show, “Wizards of ­Waverly Place,” Gomez's singing talent was hidden ­behind hilarious facial expressions and comedic lines. When I first heard the familiar sound of her voice flow with the catchy tune of “Cruella De Vil” from Disney's “101 Dalmatians,” I leaped in excitement. She blew me away with her optimistic voice, and amazing control. Selena Gomez will dominate the charts with her bubbly personality, rock-hard beats, and soul-touching lyrics.

As a new singer, Gomez brought her best to her debut album with heartfelt songs like “The Way I Loved You” and fast, dance beats of “More” and “Naturally.” The beats control the listener's mind, giving anyone the urge to get up and dance. The lyrics scream fun and excitement and the catchy melody makes the song difficult not to sing constantly the next day.

I highly recommend buying this talented Disney star's first CD. I have no doubt that Selena Gomez will find her way to the top of the charts and leave a permanent impression.

on Jan. 28 2011 at 10:06 am
Number_One_Mommy GOLD, Springfield, Oregon

" Your Only Out Of The Game, When You Take Yourself Out!"
-My Daddy

Having selena Gomez songs in your head is better then Hannah montana lol (8 year old sister, 7 year old sister and 6 year old sister...boy oh boy!)

Squitchy96 SILVER, Mmuskogee, Oklahoma

Carpe Dium.

Selena Gomez has finally taken Hannah Montanah songs out of my head[8 year cousin nough said]

Yeahh well ii agree withh thatt, ?

elephant99 said...
elephant99, Coon Rapids, Minnesota

What doesn't kill me just makes me stronger:]

I like them too and i agree with u on the role model part with selena but not miley have u seen the way she has been dressing lately its not very role model-like

I like both Miley and Selena. I don't think either one is is better than the other. They are both awesome role models! Their songs are amazing and so are their tv shows. They make their characters come to life!!!! I wanna meet them both. They r both amazing people.

i <3 selena!!!!!! she's sooooooo awesome!!!!!!!! i loooove her songs and her style!!!!!! she's soooooo pretty :)

Selena Gomez has such a beautiful and soothing voice.I think she is beautiful.

bluebird SILVER, Sandy Hook, Connecticut
I love Selena Gomez. She has inspired me in more ways than one; and I owe my present happiness and faith in myself to 'Kiss and Tell''s strong words and 'A Year Without Rain''s powerful lyrics of hope. Who's with me! God be with her and all of us!

on Oct. 31 2010 at 6:47 am
Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

That's true. I don't think she knows what kind of singer she wants to be yet, but she's still testing her wings. She has a lot of potential; I'm sure she'll figure it out. Once she does, maybe we can get something more original than what she has so far.

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

Although I completely respect people's opinions, I have to disagree with you on two points. First, I can't say I agree that Round and Round reminds me of Lady Gaga. I think this song is more realistic and just better sounding than that. Honestly, Lady Gaga makes me think of things that are fake, unreal, and just vulgar.(Sorry if I offended anyone, that is just my personal opinion.) Secondly, maybe you're right that Selena Gomez's songs do not betray what kind of singer she is. But I think that just shows that she is not so close minded as to say that she only likes one type of music. However, I have to agree that Selena's songs aren't the most revolutionary and new, but she still brings something new little aspect to every song. As I said, please don't take offense, I was merely stating my opinion. 

pinkleopard BRONZE, Drewsey, Oregon

Good, Better, Best never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best.

I don't nesscesarly agree with this article. What i mean is yes Selena has a great voice but i haven't heard one song that is unquie fo her. The song Cruel De Vila has already remade so many times. Plus the song round and round sounds like something Lady Gaga would sing. Don't get me wrong Selena's voice is great it just seems she doesn't really know what kind of singer she wants to be. I actually like to hear a song thats unquie and not deju vu every time i hear one of her songs.

sOmE_nIgHtS SILVER, Wayne, Pennsylvania

Yes it's hard to write, but it's harder not to.

lol I love your first sentence! :) I like selena Gomez but I have seen better...

niesh13 SILVER said...
niesh13 SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Love Me, Hate Me. I Really Don't Care .
Truth Is...Life Goes On , With or Without You

& Sorry I Spelled Gomez Wrong Lol.

niesh13 SILVER said...

Love Me, Hate Me. I Really Don't Care .

I Think Tht Selena Gomaez Is Good But Shes Not THT MUCH Better Than Miley. I Like Them Both. Selena Is Prettier But Disney Channel Cant Get Rid Of Miley Like Tht. Its Impossible. Miley and Selena. But Not Just Selena

AmberLee13 said...
on Sep. 28 2010 at 9:53 am
AmberLee13, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia

"Music is the only language where you can not say a mean or sarcastic thing"

I agree with Nikki31NM, i do think that selena is a way better singer than miley/hannah.

Nikki31NM said...
on Sep. 28 2010 at 9:49 am
Nikki31NM, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
Selena Gomez is so much better than Miley Cirus or Hannah Montana.

on Sep. 28 2010 at 9:35 am
i agree with u on that

lollipopcandy566 BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio

Never let the fear of strinking out keep you from playing the game. :)

Wow.. As a writer myself this author is really good at reviews..

WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio

It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Selena unarguably has the best voice of all the Disney singers, and she's also the prettiest. She sounds very commercial. I was super impressed with her album. My favorite songs are "The Way I Loved You" and "I Promise You," both very beautiful, meaningful ballads about love. I'm still a die-hard fan of Miley, and I always will be. She'll always be my number one--as unusual as that might sound since pretty much everyone hates her now--but selena is probably not far behind. They're both amazing, they both have a unique sound, and both are ultimately talented in what they do.

pink zebra said...
on Aug. 27 2010 at 8:37 am
hi,dont u think youcan actually be the new selena gomez?