Nnamani Music Publishing Group Unveils Services Platform For Independent Rights Holders | Teen Ink

Nnamani Music Publishing Group Unveils Services Platform For Independent Rights Holders

April 15, 2024
By Jon BRONZE, Victoria Island, Lagos, Other
Jon BRONZE, Victoria Island, Lagos, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Play your cards right"


Music streaming services have impacted the music industry in a huge way, from a financial and legal perspective. With more music finding its way to listeners than ever before, it has become increasingly important to find solutions to the issue of streaming’s basic economics and systems of royalty distribution, especially within the African music market. As such, Nnamani Music Publishing Group, the premium label services arm of Nnamani Music Group, a distribution company founded in February 2024 by Nnamani Chimaobi John (Johnel NG) and co-founded by Nnamani Grace Odi.

Launched in 2024, Nnamani Music Group is one of the few Nigeria’s independent distributors headquartered in Lagos. NMG is under the American music distribution ONErpm. According to Johnel, the goal of NMG is to identify the most promising independent labels and artists in Africa and beyond, and to invest and assist them at deeper levels. Successful applicants will be provided with free distribution to all DSPs locally and globally, with a dedicated team managing artist accounts and delivering marketing campaigns for their releases.

NMG has made headway in the Johnel's scene in addition to working with local artists. The label and brand offers A&R, marketing, sync licensing, and publishing services. In discussing his label’s role with this year’s Press, the company boasts strategic alliances and ventures under ONErpm Distribution

NNAMANI MUSIC GROUP WILL BE IN THE LEAD IN FINDING NEW ARTISTS AND FUTURE GLOBAL STARS AS MUSIC FLOWERS ACROSS THE WORLD.”

Nnamani C. J., Nnamani Music Publishing Group


The author's comments:

Nnamani Music Group (NMG) is Nigeria-based label that was established to support independent musicians worldwide.