The Wizard of Oz | Teen Ink

The Wizard of Oz

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

The Wizard of Oz is a classic movie about a girl from Kansas's magical journey in Oz. Her and her dog, Toto, are taken to this place when a tornado hits her home. She gets swirl around and she finds herself in a new, different, foreign place that she soon learns is not anywhere near Kansas. She goes on an adventure to help her find her home, and along the way she meets some new friends. She meets a Scarecrow, who is looking for some brains, a Tin man, who is looking for a heart, and a Lion, who is looking for some courage. Together, the trio follows the Yellow Brick Road in hopes of finding a great wizard, who will solve all of their problems, but along the way they are confronted with some challenges. The Wicked Witch of the West wants to get revenge on Dorothy and will do everything in her power to stop the little girl. 

The ending of the movie is fabulous, genius, and a main reason why this movie is so good. Also, this movie was one of the first movies to have color and helped to revolutionize the film industry. The movie has decent visual effects, motifs, and is one of the most symbolic stories to ever be created. This movie is more than deserving of their fantastic 99% rating from Rotten Tomatoes.