Made of Honor | Teen Ink

Made of Honor MAG

November 14, 2008
By Anonymous

Have you ever loved someone so near and dear to you that you couldn’t tell them your true feelings? Get ready to find true love on the big screen and giggle along the way as you watch a man fight for the woman he loves.

Tom (Patrick Dempsey) is a Casanova living the high life in the Big Apple. He goes from girlfriend to girlfriend without becoming deeply involved. Then one day he realizes he is in love with his best friend, Hannah (Michelle Monaghan). Sadly, he doesn’t realize this until she is on a business trip in Scotland. He plans to tell her his feelings upon her return, but to his surprise, she comes back with a fiancé. This sets everything into a whirlwind of activity, and Tom finds himself playing a role normally taken by a woman: maid of honor.

Dempsey and Monaghan have a great connection on screen, and viewers can’t help but notice the commitment they portray to their parts. As the film rolls on, they become more involved, yet neither can admit they are in love. It takes effort on both their parts to bring this love to life.

Director Paul Weiland did a nice job with casting, but he could have deviated from the typical chick-flick stereotype a bit more. Wedding planning, fancy dresses, and love affairs twist together to create a trite and slightly elaborate storyline. Even though it is easy to predict, “Made of Honor” is still very cute and entertaining.

“Made of Honor” is a good diversion, and I believe nearly any audience will enjoy it. So grab a partner (or two) and some munchies, and let this film take you on a romantic ride.