Radio | Teen Ink

Radio

SPOILER ALERT!
Director: Michael Tollin
Rated PG for Mild Language
4 Out of 4 Stars

Do you like movies that contain many valuable lessons or movies that have lots of suspense after every scene? Then the movie Radio is perfect for you. It contains lots of emotional parts as well as suspenseful parts. It will make you wonder what will happen after every scene.

This movie is about James Robert Kennedy, (Cuba Gooding Jr.) a mentally challenged kid who is nicknamed Radio because of his interest in radios. When he goes around with his shopping cart, he watches Coach Harold Jones (Ed Harris) coach the T.L. Hanna’s high school football team. He develops a liking for football when he decides to keep the football that came over the fence. Coach Jones lets Radio assist him in the Football practices and games. Soon, the town complains of how they think Radio is a distraction to the football team. Since Radio lives in a small town, he is known by almost everybody. When he is going around houses and giving gifts to people, he is approached by a police officer. When the officer asks him where he got those gifts, he does not answer so he is thrown in jail but he is luckily taken out by an officer that he knows. By the end of the movie, everyone in the movie has changed in a way by the impact that Radio had on him. The ending of the movie when Radio is leading the team on the field was the most important part of all. It showed that Radio had finally found his place in the world.

This movie is rated PG for mild language. It does not have any major violence in it but other factors affect this rating. It should be a suitable movie for kids aged 11 and over.

This movie was a spectacular movie with a excellent meaning to it. In my opinion, we couldn’t have expected anything less than a four out of four star rating. We owe the Director (Michael Tollin) a big applause for the great movie that he has provided us with. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes meaningful and compassionate movies.

vana234 said...
This is great. 45 people I knew said it rocked.