Ender?s Game | Teen Ink

Ender?s Game

November 21, 2013
By h18dicarr BRONZE, KEAAU, Hawaii
h18dicarr BRONZE, KEAAU, Hawaii
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Enders Game book by Orson Scott Card and movie by Gavin Hood was breath taking there was so much action going on, it had a good message “Its not about winning it how you play the game”. In the Enders Game Book vs. The Enders Game Movie there is many differences with the characters, setting, theme, dialogue, and also events missing and added. According to the characters in the movie they seem older than they seem in the book. In the book Enders the age twelve but when it came to me watching the movie Ender looked older. I also noticed when it came to practicing in the battle room in space school the battle room was much small than I thought, in the book it seemed like there was numerous battle room and they were huge. When it came to comparing the lines of dialogue from the book to the movie the book made the characters seem more mean and stern to the launches even though in the movie the characters were mean but not as mean as I pictured. I even noticed some events missing from the movie like After Ender decided to go to space school on his way up in the launching rocket ender breaks a launches arm on his way to space school. I also noticed when Ender played his game council was he could go to different levels and activities. In the book he played it many times to get to different levels but in the movie Ender only had to play it one time get to the snake, and see his brother and sister, Peter and Valentine in the game. They probably took out those parts so the movie wouldn’t be going on forever. They also made changes in the movie when it came to the taking a shower scenes it didn’t show naked scenes or it didn’t show any bloody fights or scenes, I was glad those parts weren’t made like that on the movie because it would be to gross and terrifying to see. After watch this movie and reading the book I honestly thing the book is better than the movie. The book has more details and it explaining every little thing that happened in the Enders Game.
In the movie they don’t show everything that happened in the book they only put the important parts in the movie. I also think that while reading the book you can also expand your imagination by picturing the things your read in the book, in the movie you don’t have the ability to do that because it actors that act out the play and you cant change how they look and how they do things. I just think the book lets you have more freedom to do things with your imagination, ideas, and also opinions. Based on everything that I said I think that they should defiantly read the book first because after you read the book you will understand what’s going on because there is more detail in the book and you will understand what’s the book is all about after reading it. After reading the book you should also watch the movie because then you could see the differences from the book and the movie. Now you can see which one you would recommend better for you depending on the way you like to see your characters, setting, theme, and events. But to me honestly I always thing that books are better than the movie because more things happen in the book and you are able to visualize scenes and settings in the book. So what are you waiting for go and read the Enders Game Book! Watch the movie while you’re at it because now its your turn to put your opinions and comments towards the book and the movie.