My Review | Teen Ink

My Review

April 21, 2021
By Carter12121212 BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
Carter12121212 BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

            Home Alone 2 is an action filled movie with a well-planned plot and development.

            Home Alone is a movie where a chaotic family goes on a family vacation to Florida over Christmas holidays but, as they’re rushing to catch the flight Kevin stops to put battery’s in his tape recorder and falls behind. He doesn’t see where his family goes and ends up getting on a plane to New York. He ends up running into Marv and Harry who wants to kill Kevin because Kevin sent them to jail last year. Kevin must run around New York trying to escape those two while trying to get back to his family.

            This movie is very exciting and fun through the whole film. It has the perfect amount of great humor and excitement. All jokes in the movie do not feel forced. During the movie you were never expecting any more of a climax because it all was exciting. This movie isn’t all about entertainment though, it teaches everyone a great lesson in the end. The movie does include many attributes from the first one as Kevin defeats the bad guys well also helping someone out. In the first movie he helps the old man that everyone is afraid of find his family again. In number 2 he helps the homeless lady to love again even though she is afraid she will get her heart broken again.

Home Alone is a great movie although, some parts are hard to believe how a 9-year-old boy can survive alone in New York for a couple days while escaping 2 criminals, its just not that realistic. Some traps that he lays I wouldn’t even be able to think of doing but, I’m not saying that couldn’t happen because, it is possible but hard to believe that a 9 a year-old boy could do all this.

            I would recommend this movie to anyone because it’s a movie that anyone would enjoy. Everyone did a great job on every scene having a meaning in the story, because in some movies there will be many scenes that just didn’t need to be there but Home Alone 2 does a good job on leaving those unneeded scenes out.

I have watched this movie many times and its safe to say this is one of the best developed movies I have watched.


The author's comments:

Movie review on Home Alone #2