The Hangover Review | Teen Ink

The Hangover Review

By arrowhead26 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
arrowhead26 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Now this is what I'm talkin' about. The Hangover is a funny movie, flat out, all the way through. Its setup is funny. Every situation is funny. At some point we actually find ourselves caring a little about what happened to the missing bridegroom which is funny which ended up being on the Cesar Palace roof. . But the best part of the movie hands-down is the dialogue. There is a hilarious joke cracked almost line by line that fits so perfectly with the plot of the movie.

The story is about 4 best friends set out to go to Las Vegas in hopes for the best bachelor party they have ever had. Staying in a penthouse suit at the famous hotel , Caesars Palace, they are destined to have a good time before the wedding which is in 2 days. Up on the roof, they take a celebratory drink to have a fun night with no harm. However, the next morning 3 of the 4 wake up in the hotel room with no recollection of what happened last night. But the person that is missing, is the groom of the wedding. This is where the humor really starts to show up - All of them joking around and blind to the fact that they lost their friend from the night before that none of them remember.

The 3 friends immediately set out to find their friend so he can get married the next day and try to remember what happened during the night so they can figure out where he went. Their journey to find their soon-to-be-married friend involves a fact-finding visit to a wedding chapel, a violent encounter with a small but very mean Chinese mobster, an interview with an emergency room doctor and an encounter with Mike Tyson, whose tiger they stole during the night. Fortunately, they find their friend up on the roof of the hotel just in time to be able to drive back to California in time for the wedding.  This part of the movie when they were trying to find him has the best jokes I have ever heard in a movie. Just them joking around after every twist and turn in the plot really shows the problem doesn’t take over the fact that they are 4 of the bestest friends.

These scenes set me off into a laugh attack. The plot of the story and the stupidity and hilarious joke fit the scenes perfectly. For example, when they paid the asian mobster for doug because they thought that he was being held hostage, but it was a fake doug. Doug was saying to the guys “me and my boy, we was  wondering why they even call them roofies. Why not floories, right? Because when you take them...you're more likely to end up on the floor than the roof.” This comedy is the best comedy I have watched in a long time. I recommend this movie to people that like to have a good laugh. I would not want to change anything in the movie.

I loved this movie and I reccomend you watch it.