Iron Man 2 | Teen Ink

Iron Man 2

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Iron Man 2 continues the adventures of Tony Stark as Iron Man. The entire world now knows that the eccentric billionaire inventor is the man in the red and yellow armored suit, and that's not necessarily a good thing. The United States government wants to take the suit from Tony, and that's not something that the inventor is willing to do. He argues with a judge about how the suit isn't a weapon and how him and the suit are one, while repeatedly admitting that he is Iron Man. While arguing in court and defending his case, he stands up for what he believes in and shows his cocky, proud, egotistical self. Because of this, he doesn't have to give up the suit, and he gets to continue being Iron Man-one of his proudest accomplishments, if not the proudest. After Tony awards Pepper with a surprising gift, he is in the lookout for a new assistant. He ends up hiring a girl named Natasha, who is more than qualified for the job. Tony needs the new assistant's help as well as Rhodey's and Pepper's, because new threats are emerging and only Iron Man can defeat them. Tony learns that having two identities and having the entire world know both of those identities isn't always fun and games, much to Tony's dismay.
 The movie tries to be bigger, badder, and better than the original and succeeds with two out of the three. The movie is bigger and badder but doesn't quite match the same closeness to perfection that the original achieved. There's one particular scene in this movie that tries to hint at Tony's alcohol problem, which is apparent in the comics, and showcases a battle for the ages between Rhodey and Tony, and they're both in two different Iron Man suits, clashing it out. Robert Downey Jr. continues to shine and thrive as Tony Stark-the role that was built for him. One of the only issues with the movie is the not-so subtle transition between Terrence Howard and Don Cheadle. Terrence played Rhodey in the first movie, but in the second movie, Don Cheadle takes the role, and there's no explanation for why the character looks vastly different all of a sudden. This movie is just as much of a joyride as the original and matches the same level of fun.
 Iron Man 2 isn't quite as great as the original, but it is still an excellent sequel. This movie introduces Black Widow to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and when she's in the picture, everything is more awesome. There's also more of Rhodey, and Don Cheadle plays the role phenomenally. The battle scenes towards the end are epic and take advantage of the movie's great visual effects. The actual ending of the movie is great and manages to keep the tone of the movie light-something that Marvel movies are famous for. For the avid superhero fan, the Iron Man fan, the person who saw the original, and for basically anyone and everyone, Iron Man 2 is an excellent choice and a must see.

Although Iron Man 2 isn't as great as the original, this movie is still an excellent sequel.