Sahara | Teen Ink

Sahara

Sahara is a mixture of an action packed-comedy. It is about two treasure hunters Dirk Pitt and Al Giordino (Matthew McConaughey and Steve Zahn) who go to Africa in search of a legend iron clad from the Civil War. What they don't know is that they will meet up with a young, beautiful doctor (Penelope Cruz), who is looking for the source of a plague that is reeking through Africa. From camel rides to gun-fighting Sahara will keep you on the edge of your seat, and it will take you for a wild ride.

When I first heard of Sahara, I wasn't to sure I wanted to go. But now I am glad I did. I was impressed with how the actors and actresses made the characters theirs. They really brought out the personality of their character. The only problem for me was that I didn't always understand what was going on. Flipping back and forth through characters and scenes got kind of confusing. I had to watch it a second time before I understood what was happening and what was going on. But other than that I thought it was great. It has plenty of action and comedy is thrown in there to make the movie less intense.

Sahara is a movie that teenagers and adults will love. Kids will probably like the action but will not understand what is exactly going on (without a parent telling them). This is one of my ultimate choices for a movie night with friends or just to hang out and watch a movie.