Coco movie review | Teen Ink

Coco movie review

July 10, 2018
By Mr_Swiss BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Mr_Swiss BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.


The movie Coco is a heartfelt and emotional animated movie about a young boy who wants to be a musician. Although his family denies him and tells him that he can’t be a musician because his great great grandfather abandoned them to pursue music. Miguel figures out that his great great grandfather is his idol, Ernesto de la cruz, the greatest musician of all time. He decides to play in the plaza competition but his family destroys his guitar. So he tries to steal Ernesto’s guitar, but gets whisked away into the land of the dead.

Lee Unkrich does an amazing job of directing this movie and casting the perfect voice actors. With Voice actors such as Gael Garcia Bernal as Hector and Benjamin Bratt as Ernesto de la Cruz. The actors do such a great job of empowering their specific characters with personality and emotion in an animated film. The writers and screenplay artists include such talent as Lee Unkrich, Jason Katz, Matthew Aldrich, and Adrian Molina.

In the land of the dead Miguel figures out that Ernesto is actually a murderer and he murdered Hector, who is Miguel’s real great great grandfather. They expose Ernesto and when Miguel gets home he sings a song to coco who remembers her dad, Hector, and he is saved from being forgotten. The movie ends with the town actually realizing how it went and Ernesto is a disgrace.

I would recommend this movie if you want something with emotion and action. It conveys the feelings of the characters in the movie quite well. The songs in the movie have a lot to do with what is happening and they tie in perfectly. Coco also has action, betrayal, and music. Coco will put you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next.


The author's comments:

This is a 303 word review about the movie Coco.