The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Claire | Teen Ink

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Claire

January 25, 2016
By Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York
Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York
92 articles 7 photos 105 comments

Favorite Quote:
Truth has many shades. It's not a matter of black and white, but many grays.


  The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Claire is a stunning read. It compels you to stay up all night until the book is through, and then you must pick up the next and then the next, and the next.

The story is about a girl by the name of Clary, a girl who believes that she is completely normal. She’s raised by her normal mother, Jocelyn, and her mother’s normal boyfriend, Luke.
Clary gets into a fight with her mother and storms out of the apartment, leaving with her best friend, Simon, to go to a club called the Pandemonium club. Clary is in for a surprise there! She watches a normal boy get murdered by these invisible people that she, for some weird reason, can only see.
Well, Clary is weirded out already, but she soon gets an extremely weird call from her mother telling her that she cannot go home, but Clary fails to heed the warning, and she comes home to a ransacked house, her mother missing.
She’s suddenly thrown into a world of Warlocks, demons, vampires, faeries, werewolves and Shadow hunters.   Clary must adapt soon to integrate this world into her everyday life, and face the upcoming battles for her mother and her life. 
This book and its accompanying books are the perfect mixture of demonology, romance, mystery, fantasy, magic and action. Cassandra Clare spins a tale that is irresistible and impossible to put down.
I love it, and millions of others do too! It’s so good that they’ve made a whole tv series based on it!