Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children) | Teen Ink

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children)

April 29, 2015
By isabelw DIAMOND, Atlanta, Georgia
isabelw DIAMOND, Atlanta, Georgia
58 articles 2 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"They say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." -John Lennon


Follow the rest of the peculiar children in the sequel to Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Hollow City.   The first book may end abruptly but is immediately followed up by Ransom Riggs.   Jacob and the children have escaped the small island off the coast of Wales, but it was not easy.  The reality of their awful situation has set in, and they must travel to London.  This is also not easy.  A group of peculiar kids happen to stick out like a sore thumb especially to hollowgasts and wights, both of which eat, kill, or capture peculiars.
Filled with captivating pictures, the book follows a journey though Europe in the 1940s, where it’s raining bombs and evil seems to lurk in every shadow.   Secrets and new stories are revealed.   The relationship between Emma and Jacob grows, and they serve as leaders of the peculiar group while Miss Peregrine is disabled.  
Hollow City is a chilling adventure that forces you to continue turning pages.  While its stories seem unbelievable, the pictures are astonishing.  Ransom Riggs uses his enchanting words to keep the story shocking, exciting, and enjoyable. 
I would recommend this book to everyone who read the first book of this series.  It is interesting for all ages and genders.  It is not only filled with action and mystery but also love and emotion.