Dreamland by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

September 10, 2013
By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
293 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many books, so little time"


What the hardest thing about drowning on land? That you can see everyone else breathing when you’re trying not to get swallowed up. This is what Caitlin felt.

Like most of Sarah’s book there is the story of a girl and boy. This book tells us the story of Caitlin and a boy named Rogerson. Caitlin was used to being second for her sister Cass always got first. This was true until Caitlin turned sixteen when her sister ran away. Now being number one child Caitlin try’s to do everything to get out of her sisters showed including dating Rogerson. As Caitlin discovers a part of Rogerson she didn’t know exist, she decided instead of act to drown.

This book is raw letting you see what happens in what are labeled as an unhealthy relationship. Sarah Dessen writing is captive making you want to slam the book shut, but open it seconds later. Sarah a popular teenage author wrote several books but non like Dreamland. Dreamland unlike other books has lots of depth and Dremland is a defiantly one you should skip. As in life not all books can have a happy ending; even Sarah Dessen’s.