Fablehaven by Brandon Mull | Teen Ink

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

By Lakersgirl SILVER, Phx, Arizona
Lakersgirl SILVER, Phx, Arizona

In Fablehaven, Brandon Mull takes the reader through many amazing adventures with the characters. The story is about a young brother and sister who are dropped off at their grandparents’ house while their parents go on a world cruise. While at their grandparents’ house they discover that the land is a sanctuary full of magical creatures.

The two main characters are Kendra, and Seth Sorenson. They go through the amazing adventures of the sanctuary, and one that will change their lives forever. Their grandpa gives them opportunities to discover what his land really is. He leads the two of them to drink this special milk. “Three words written near the binding, toward the bottom of an otherwise blank page. Drink the milk.” The milk helps them to be able to see all the different magical creatures.

One day while exploring Kendra and Seth Accidentally destroy a protective sell that is supposed to protect the house from any of the dangerous creatures lurking around. Suddenly their grandpa is abducted from the house and everything has gone wrong. Kendra and Seth have decided to try and rescue their grandpa and set things strait and restore the balance of good and evil in Fablehaven.

I think the book is very good, and it is explained very well. I would definitely recommend this book. My favorite part of the book was the part when Kendra and Seth first figured out that by drinking the milk they would be able to see all the magical creatures of the sanctuary. Another favorite part was when Kendra and Seth found out that their grandpa was the keeper of the sanctuary. The reason I like this book is because I really like fantasy books. They have so many different types of creatures I them, and it’s so exciting to find out what the author has to offer. Such as the story. You just can’t wait to find out.