WonderStruck by Brian Selznick | Teen Ink

WonderStruck by Brian Selznick

November 8, 2011
By BOB..jr. BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
BOB..jr. BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

WonderStruck
By: Brian Selznick
The novel WonderStruck by Brian Selznick is written in pictures and in words. This book keeps you guessing and makes you want to jump in and be a part of the action packed story. The main protagonist, Ben Wilson is 11 years old and he just went through the tragic death of his mom. Ben is living with his Aunt and Uncle when one night he discovers something that leads him to believe his dad is still living. Ben Wilson travels all the way to New York where an unexpected surprise happens. Ben meets a friend in a museum and he introduces Ben to someone very special. Will Ben get the chance to meet his dad for the first time? Wonderstruck is a thrilling novel with many ups and downs. The story makes you want to cry at times but it makes you want to read on and discover if Ben meets is dad. Brian Selznick tells the story of WonderStruck in such a way that I know even know how to explain the genre, it’s almost like he created his own genre which makes WonderStruck all the more exhilarating to read. WonderStruck by Brian Selznick is the kind of book that you never want to put down. I absolutely love the book WonderStruck and I defiantly recommend everyone to read it. If you happen to like WonderStruck be sure to read another one of his novels written in pictures too called The Invention of Hugo Cabret.