Runaway Ralph | Teen Ink

Runaway Ralph

Runaway Ralph
By: Beverly Cleary

Ralph is a young, adventurous mouse who lives in an old run down hotel known as the Mountain View Inn. Ralph does not want to be like the rest of his family and scrounge for food for the rest of his life. He wants to be able to do what he wants, like ride his very own mouse-sized motorcycle. He is tired of being bossed around by his mom and Uncle Lester. His little brothers and sisters annoy him constantly. He has had enough! Ralph decides to run away.
He faces many problems and adventures. He meets several new friends who rescue him from the frightening dangers at Happy Acres Camp. He learns that he should not let his family annoy him so much and that he should not get mad or fight with them. During the story Ralph learns the meaning of friendship and that you should never fight with your friends either. In the end, Ralph realizes that he should not over react. Ralph feels bad for getting mad and decides to return home to his family where he will be safe from the many life-threatening dangers at Happy Acres Camp. Ralph decides he will never run away again.

Runaway Ralph is a very good book. Ralph is always doing something adventurous. He is constantly getting into trouble. The author describes a very vivid image of what is going on throughout the entire book making it very easy to enjoy. Although it is meant for younger kids, this is still a really good and entertaining book. If you are one of the ones who haven't read this book yet, you are missing out on a really good book.

Rating - * * * * *