Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

December 7, 2007
By Anonymous

Twilight
By Stephanie Meyer

“About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I don't know how dormant that part might be – that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.”
I used this quote because it describes the complex plot of what is now my favorite book, Twilight.
Twilight tells the story of Bella Swan a seventeen year old girl who unexpectedly falls in love with Edward Cullen, the pale-skinned and astonishingly beautiful boy sitting next to her in science class. Edward returns her love, but like any love story this one has its flaws. A quit large complication is that Edward is a vampire and could easily lose control of his lust for blood and kill Bella, the person he loves most! But this doesn't stop Bella; she feels that she would risk everything for Edward, even her own life. The questions are endless, does Bella love Edward too much for her own good, will Edward lose control, and will they ever be able to just enjoy the relationship they have together?
The plot of this story is compelling but the real thing that draws you in is the writing style. Stephanie Meyer uses description that makes you feel as if you were Bella, the setting she uses adds to the story in a subtle but influential way, and the words she uses makes it like watching a movie in your mind. Twilight is a mix of lots of genres, it is romance but also so much more, there is a thriller aspect to the book and a fantasy as well. Stephanie Meyer illustrates the struggle that Edward and Bella inure with colorful description and suspense that leaves you wanting more!