Wired by Sigmund Brouwer | Teen Ink

Wired by Sigmund Brouwer

Have you ever been seconds away from death? Not knowing what will happen next because you don’t really have tome to think? Well Keegan has. Going 110 kilometers per hour down a steep hill and loosing control.

A young boy named Keegan was just seconds away from death. He is a professional skier and is know all around his town. Keegan was going 110 kilometers per hour and he was on a roll. This was one of his best runs and then he looked down and saw a big black wire tied between two trees. Keegan knew that a he speed he was going, the wire would cut him in two if he hit it. He didn’t have much time think. But in those few seconds he managed to slid right under the wire. His skis went flying and he tumbled down the hill but luckily he was ok. But what if other people come down the hill? What if someone else gets hurt? Keegan walked to the wire and tried to untie it. The wire was tied so tight his fingers started to bleed. Then a girl on a snowboard started coming down the hill. She barely hit the wire but didn’t get hurt. She got really mad at Keegan and thought that he was trying to kill her but then he explained to her and showed her his bloody fingers and she believed him. Will they find out who put the wire and who tried to kill them?

I recommend this book to people who love to snowboard and ski, or even just anyone who loves to read. This is a really great book and it shows a really good example of a thrill type book. It will keep you on your seat the whole time wondering what will happen next, and when the author writes with really clean and simple style, it makes the book even better. Sigmund Brower does a great job with detail.

If I were to rate this book, I would give it a 9 because of its great detail and way of pulling you into the story.

This book will make you feel like you are right on the slopes with the snowboarders and skiers. I highly recommend you go and pick this book up at your library and read it because it’s great!