The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

December 28, 2010
By musicisthegoodlife GOLD, Daegu, Other
musicisthegoodlife GOLD, Daegu, Other
17 articles 1 photo 8 comments

Suzanne Collins has always been one of my favorite authors and I believe that liking her style of writing is one of the biggest reasons why I chose to read 'The Hunger Games'. After I read one of her other books 'Gregor the Overlander', I was mesmerized by her story telling and read the entire series in a week. This book was just as fun and it didn't disappoint me.
This book takes place in North America but it isn't the U.S. we know today. This America is made up of 12 districts lead by the capital. The capital is cold and powerful, and each year they require one boy and one girl(ages 12~18) to participate in the Hunger Games, a game where you fight to death until there is one victor. Katniss Everdeen takes her younger sister's(Prim) place and with Peeta, she fights to survive and rebels against the capital.
I absolutely adored this book. I've read the entire triligy over 3 times and though it's the same story, it's just as exciting and amazing as the previous time. It wasn't that fun in the beginning but this book had this strange alluring power that pulled you into the book as you continued to read on.
To tell you the truth, I didn't learn anything that would help me in my daily life but I was able to earn something just as special. While I was reading the book, I was able to feel the pain and happiness the characters were feeling and really actually go into their shoes. No, I didn't go crazy(haha) but I had the time of my life and was able to feel the joy books could bring to ones' life.