Tweak :Growing up on Methamphetamines. | Teen Ink

Tweak :Growing up on Methamphetamines.

By oliviagabrielle18 SILVER, Canton, Ohio
oliviagabrielle18 SILVER, Canton, Ohio

Tweak is a graphic and heart wrenching memoir about the life as a young man addict. Nic Sheff takes his writing to another level by making the reader feel like they are following him in his horrible journey through addiction, rehab, and what appears to be love. While visiting San Fransisco Nic runs into his ex-girlfriend and that is the start of his life spiraling completely out of control. Nic does everything from dealing drugs to breaking into his own family's house to support his habit. You see inside a crumbling young man who had the world at his fingertips. It makes you grateful for what you have in this world and you realize that anything can take what you have away. By the end of this memoir you will be amazed at the depth and detail Nic Sheff put into this piece of work. This book was one of the most difficult books to read, but for some reason you can not just put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

savanna said...
i LOVED this book,its deff somthing that should be read.but not for younger kids,teenagers tho

on Apr. 20 2010 at 11:48 am
Alice-Never-More BRONZE, Pullman, Washington
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

“Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.”

I just started reading this book about three days ago and already I'm halfway into it. I toally agree that this book is amazing. Very good review my fried. Five stars.

Peace420 BRONZE, Williston, Florida
OMG!!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaquie BRONZE said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 6:51 am
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

You wrote a great review. - I'll definitely be looking into this book.

God bless,

...,

SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
Hey, i'm reading this book at the moment and your description of it is a perfect match! also, your choice of words make your review sound very appealing and it's short and not long-and-scary (: and i agree, the amount of detail Nic put into it makes me admire his good memory, even though he was on drugs.