Hip-Hop High School by Alan Sitomer | Teen Ink

Hip-Hop High School by Alan Sitomer

By crazybailey707 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
crazybailey707 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"First, Think, Second, Believe. Third,Dream and finally, dare" - walt disney

Alan Lawrence Sitomer wrote A fictional book called Hip-Hop High School  to show what's it's really like in the hood. This book is the second in the 3-book series, The Hoopster, Hip Hop High School, Homeboyz.

This book was about a teenage girl name Theresa Anderson nicknamed “T”  and her crazy journey through high school. Sitomer shows us her misteaks to her greatest triumphs. T has a rough home life her mother is constantly nagging her and never gets off her back or cuts her some slack they almost never get along. Her other brother andre is in college and he isn't home most of the time because he live at the college and they argue too because she feels like he thinks he's too good and smarter. T also has two younger siblings teddy and tina. Tina is still a baby and teddy is a little trouble maker he is a child genius and knows how to hack he is constantly getting in trouble at home and at school and he terrorises T.

One reason why this book is so good is because it teaches people to help one another. It also sends the message that if you work hard enough and try and don't give up your dreams could be accomplished. Ultimately Hip-Hop High School is a great book for you if your from the hood because you could really connect to her because she live in the ghetto and goes to a ghetto school and people she knows are getting killed and shot just like how it is now im the hood so kids could relate to that  

Brandon bailey

1/23/19

this book is good if your from the hood becasue you can relate to theresa and her struggles. this book teaches you to be kind and to never give up