Body Language | Teen Ink

Body Language

By Kassidey SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Kassidey SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

"Not all who wander are lost."

The writing titled “Body Language”, written by Emma Seybert, talks about bullying. Her writing left me feeling sad because I know many can relate to this.
I can relate to this writing pretty well because people call each other name no matter the consequences or if they hurt the other person. When the author said, “I fantasized about carving away my excess layer of insecurities.” That part made me really feel connected to the author because at one point in our lives we all wish we were skinner and or prettier. I’ve seen this issue in my school a couple of times. The main reason people bully others is because they’re trying to fit in. When the author said, “As I opened up to the class, I began by apologizing to my cast mates.” This made me feel sad because one person made her feel so low about herself that she started apologizing to everyone for who she was. I was left confused by if what the instructor told her made her realized that she shouldn’t be sorry for who she was or if it just made her feel okay for a little bit.