Panera Bread | Teen Ink

Panera Bread

By skigirl14 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
skigirl14 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

Panera Bread is labeled as a bakery company but is much more than a small pastry shop. It is a chain store of bakery-café casual restaurants with over 2,000 locations, all of which are in the United States and Canada. They are open daily and always serving food with a welcoming smile.

Panera Bread is one of the best family friendly restaurants in our area. Every time I visit Panera, the ambiance and atmosphere is slightly different. There are always the sounds of families and friends getting together. Little kids laughing with cookie crumbs coming out of their mouths. Older kids with their ‘You Pick Twos’ entrees of multiple combinations, every one different, talking about the latest gossip. The sound of the blender in the back mixing smoothies, the sizzling of the meat on the grill and the workers calling out ‘Order up!’

The restaurant has a bread and soup aroma to it, being two of their specialties. The warm dough coming fresh out of the oven, still steaming and soft. Then dipping the fresh bread into piping hot cups of soup. My favorites are the tomato soup and macaroni and cheese. The plump and flavorful deep red fruit of the tomato soup and the cheesey, gooey and creamy mac and cheese flavors I crave each time. There are new decorations inside every month, relating to the nearest holiday. Hearts for Valentine’s Day, four leaf clovers for St. Patrick’s Day, pumpkins for Halloween and pine trees for Christmas.

The customer service is superior. The staff treats people with the uttermost respect and is there to help in any way possible. Because they are simply humans and humans make mistakes, one time they messed up my order. I told one of the workers and they immediately took it back to make it how I originally ordered it. I got the corrected order of food back and a free pastry as an apology. Another time a customer spilled her drink. Two employees came to help clean it up and get the person a new cup. They were all very calm and knew how to handle the situation. All of the employees are very polite and courteous.

Panera Bread’s food is marvelous. They have multiple options for all different cravings. This includes soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, bakery items and so much more. The restaurant focuses on breakfast and lunch but you can buy any food at any time of the day. There are smaller items like pastries and bagels and there are full course meals. The price of their food is reasonable and affordable. Sandwiches are anywhere from four to seven dollars, depending on the type and if you get a half or whole. Cups, bowls and bread bowls range from $4.39 to $5.99. There is something for everyone, including a kids meal. With just the right amount of spice and salt, the textured food options are endless.

Whether you’re upping the veggies, packing in the protein, or just aiming for a well-balanced meal, Panera's new curated paths make it easier to eat healthy. All versions of Panera’s menus have the calorie intake amount next to the food item. This is especially helpful for those who are on a diet or trying to eat healthier.

Don’t feel like leaving your house to get food? Panera Bread has both online ordering and catering. Do you want to make your food yourself instead of buying it? Panera has “Panera at Home.” On their website there are over 100 recipes of different dishes you can make at home. It tells you how long it will take to make, what ingredients you need, and the directions. You can also find your Panera at Home favorites at a grocery store near you.

Now, you may be thinking there are many other family friendly quality restaurants in the area with good food too. I can guarantee that the setting and ambiance of Panera is much better than others. Their customer service is at the top of the line and they have multiple food options for every age. They are always assisting their customers in any way possible.

Panera is one of the best family friendly restaurants with reasonable prices in our area. Panera has a neighborly atmosphere and kind employees with excellent customer service. Their menu is full of healthy options with choices for all ages. I encourage everyone to visit Panera Bread, even for just a bagel, to experience a wonderful restaurant.