You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

on Jan. 26 2010 at 11:35 pm
Babygurl_101 SILVER, N/A, California

"Angels are the quiet girls that just havent been noticed yet"
"The past is the past, and i am your futuer." (<3<3<3<3<3)

i love this poem!!! i can totally relate to it!!!

on Jan. 26 2010 at 3:47 pm
electrichearts SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

"It didn't matter in the end how old they had been, or that they were girls, but only that we had loved them, and that they hadn't heard us calling, still do not hear us, up here in the tree house with our thinning hair and soft bellies, calling them out of those rooms where they went to be alone for all time, alone in suicide, which is deeper than death, and where we will never find the pieces to put them back together. "

a sonnet has 14 lines and the structure is ABABCDCDEFEFGG. i really liked this, but it isn't exactly a sonnet. :) none the less, nice work!

on Jan. 25 2010 at 9:35 pm
AlexandraRose BRONZE, Port Hardy, Other
*so beautiful

on Jan. 25 2010 at 9:35 pm
AlexandraRose BRONZE, Port Hardy, Other
wow! this is amazing. Its just sobuetaiful, and soo true! keep writing! =D

on Jan. 22 2010 at 9:31 am

Wow thank you so much:)

I truly appreciate your comment

thank u again:)

on Jan. 22 2010 at 9:30 am

Thank you so much:))

on Jan. 20 2010 at 11:44 pm
wow!

i love this peom...

i think that it's awesome and anyone can really relate to it!

i am really inspired by it and it's now my favorite!

nice job keep up the great writing!

its all you! :)

on Jan. 20 2010 at 6:55 pm
Ashleykimiko BRONZE, Honolulu, Hawaii
beautiful sonnet!! great job!!!

on Jan. 20 2010 at 5:43 pm
PunkRockLobster GOLD, Manhattan, Kansas

Carpe diem quam minime credula postero (Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future)
And if not now, when?

Well thanks!!(: I hope he does.....you are a brilliant writer!

on Jan. 19 2010 at 4:37 pm
Summer500 SILVER, Ocala, Florida
true that, great writing!

on Jan. 19 2010 at 8:48 am

I'm glad that's what I try to do with my poems:) a poems no good if it's not relatable

on Jan. 19 2010 at 8:47 am

Awe I'm sry:(

It rly is the worst when that happens to a friendship but i hope the best for u n ur friend;) maybe he'll realize how he's changed n make it right:)

on Jan. 18 2010 at 12:03 pm
PunkRockLobster GOLD, Manhattan, Kansas

And if not now, when?

I really related to this poem...I have a friend exactly like that....he used to be like a brother to me, sweet and nice and caring. But now he's some tail - chasing jerk according to everyone else.

I just hope that I won't find out the same way that all the other girls did. That they were right.....

on Jan. 17 2010 at 6:39 pm
Summer500 SILVER, Ocala, Florida
exactly what im going through, you described it perfectly

on Jan. 12 2010 at 9:48 am

I'm really glad you can relate to the poem:) my main goal is to be able to touch people's lives through poetry so thanx for ur comment

on Jan. 12 2010 at 9:46 am

Thank you so much:)

lol honestly i never kno how to classify my poems lol all I kno is they aren't free verse but what are they?lol

on Jan. 12 2010 at 9:45 am

Awe I'm rly sorry about ur friend.

But I'm glad the poem touched you:)

on Jan. 12 2010 at 9:43 am

Thanx for ur opinion

i rly appreciate hearing how pple think whether they like my poem r not

I used the word tarnished because metal tarnishes and gold is a metal n i said "when you once had a heart of gold"

But thanx for ur opinion:)

on Jan. 10 2010 at 8:32 pm
Gina Porto BRONZE, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
I really liked this poem because alot of people have related to losing friends that have changed in a certain way. This poem can really relate to me because I have lost many friends too by the way they have changed.

on Jan. 9 2010 at 3:41 pm
literaryaddict PLATINUM, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"We're almost there and no where near it. All that matters is that we're going." Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
"The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound." Lady Bracknell, The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

this was such an awesome poem. i loved the flow and rhyme. not sure if it's a sonnet, but i think you did an amazing job regardless. please check out my work