The Wind That Blows | Teen Ink

The Wind That Blows

By JamesStory PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland
JamesStory PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland

"It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way." -Ernest Hemingway

Will the wind even blow in my hair

or will it flow to side and miss me everywhere

Im not a bad kid, or a sad kid,

but thats what im forced to think because im a mad kid

Will the leaves fall on my head

or will they leave instead 

I don't know what is wrong with me 

or how im supposed to be 

but one thing is for certain im sure of this 

that in 10 or so years

I'll be that one little dude standing up on the top of a hill

and maybe just maybe... that wind will make me chilled.

Do you even know me bro?

I have always been known in school to be one of the sad kids in school, and also a bad kid. The only problem with that is, that was what they thought of me when they didn't even know me. So I decided to put this into a poem. This poem is all about me and this is the way I decided to put this negativity out there. The "Do you even know bro?" statement at the end was to signify the problem with people not knowing me and calling me a sad kid or bad kid. I hope this raises some eyebrows but I can only do what I can.

~James

on Feb. 23 2018 at 4:40 pm

Thank you very much for all the feedback! Love your poems and writes too! This was also another one of my early poems so it was pretty bad but thank you so much!

on Feb. 22 2018 at 9:10 pm
bo_olsen PLATINUM, Nampa, Idaho

"I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good"

Okay, so this is my opinion. I do like this poem. I can see a few grammatical errors, but nothing that makes it unreadable, which is good. Other than the grammar errors, it is an excellent poem.

on Feb. 21 2018 at 6:06 pm

Yes I would, it just hurts when you know that you are being judged by your cover. It would be nice though :D

on Feb. 21 2018 at 5:44 pm
NotGonnaSay GOLD, Richland, Oregon

"I live for glitter, not you." - Mika

@JamesStory Sometimes being seen as a sad and bad kid is better than being known as one of the fakes, I'd rather be mad and real than prejudice and plastic, wouldn't you? -Hannah Joel