I'm Fine | Teen Ink

I'm Fine

You won't respond and I won't send. This is the way that things have to end. You don't really care and I don't really mind, you say we'll still talk and that's just what I want.

I said I was fine, you've asked me this too many times. I'm not lying when I say I'm alright. Well maybe sometimes I do, but for the most part, I'll say that I'm fine.

You'll give me a smile from across the room, and I speak in silence to you. This is all, we ever do. You don't understand and I don't care to try. You say we'll be friends and that's just how this will end.

You'll let me leave and I'll let you be. This is the way things'll work happily. You can't forget and I can't really remember. Everything ends right now in December. You don't really care, I still kind of do, ask me again, and I'll lie to you.

I said I was fine, you've asked me this far too many times. I'm lying when I say I'm alright. Well maybe I lie, but for the most part I'll say that I'm fine.

You said that you were fine, I've asked you this only a few times. You're lying when you say that you're alright. I know that you lie, but for the most part you'll say that you're fine.

I said I was fine. You could see through my lie. We'll speak in silence one more time. And we keep lying when we say we're fine. I kind of understand, you let go of my hand. I'm completely fine, except that would be a lie.

December was when this was originally written.