I'm Fine | Teen Ink

I'm Fine

June 2, 2016
By Anonymous

You won't respond and I won't send. This is the way that things have to end. You don't really care and I don't really mind, you say we'll still talk and that's just what I want.

I said I was fine, you've asked me this too many times. I'm not lying when I say I'm alright. Well maybe sometimes I do, but for the most part, I'll say that I'm fine.

You'll give me a smile from across the room, and I speak in silence to you. This is all, we ever do. You don't understand and I don't care to try. You say we'll be friends and that's just how this will end.

I said I was fine, you've asked me this too many times. I'm not lying when I say I'm alright. Well maybe sometimes I do, but for the most part, I'll say that I'm fine.

You'll let me leave and I'll let you be. This is the way things'll work happily. You can't forget and I can't really remember. Everything ends right now in December. You don't really care, I still kind of do, ask me again, and I'll lie to you.

I said I was fine, you've asked me this far too many times. I'm lying when I say I'm alright. Well maybe I lie, but for the most part I'll say that I'm fine.

You said that you were fine, I've asked you this only a few times. You're lying when you say that you're alright. I know that you lie, but for the most part you'll say that you're fine.

I said I was fine. You could see through my lie. We'll speak in silence one more time. And we keep lying when we say we're fine. I kind of understand, you let go of my hand. I'm completely fine, except that would be a lie.


The author's comments:

December was when this was originally written.