Personal | Teen Ink

Personal

The last secret I told you, the last time you let me hold you. The last time it was one versus two, the air was cold, the sky was dark blue. The last time you wore that Nirvana shirt and left me when I was hurt. That'd better be the last time, or else I'm going to hide.
The first secret I told you, the dark side of me I showed you. The first time it was one versus two, the first time you said "I love you". The air was warmer and the sky was light blue. Those were the best times, a two years of my life.
The days left in between, all the memories seem to scream at me. I try to reach out to you, but you don't care about a thing I do. I'm falling from the top of the Empire state, you let me go then make me wait. This is the last time I'll let you get your priorities straight.
The last secret you told me, the last time I let you hold me. The first secret you told me, your dark side you showed me. All of those days, pass me by in a blurry haze. I hope this is only a phase.
Those were the best and worst times. A good way to spend part of my life. I used to keep them inside of me, except now I'm letting the world see. My true feelings I hide. Everything else we promised was the truth turned into a lie. I tried not to make things worse, I hoped you'd know, but this is getting harder because it's personal.

This song means a lot to me.