Just Another Lie | Teen Ink

Just Another Lie

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I knew you'd be,
Right from the start,
The shameless one
Who'd break my heart;

To live and love
You were never the kind;
When you were gone,
You left me blind—

You were the breath
Of fresh, cool air,
One of a kind—
A boy so rare;

Your weightless love
Left in me this void—
I guess it's true:
You're just another boy

—But you promised me;
Yeah, you promised me—

You always said I was "The One"—
I was the moon, and you were the sun;
You erased all of my doubt,
But now that I'm in, now you're out;
And you left me here to cry—
You left me without saying goodbye—
Tell me something that isn't a lie—
Tell me something for which I should die.

Out in the plains,
Making love, drinking wine—
Underneath the starry night,
You said you were mine;

But I was never yours,
Just another useless toy;
And the same goes for you:
You were just another boy.

—But you promised me;
Yeah, you promised me—

You always said I was "The One"—
I was the moon, and you were the sun;
You erased all of my doubt,
But now that I'm in, now you're out;
And you left me here to cry—
You left me without saying goodbye—
Tell me something that isn't a lie—

Just know there's no redemption
For all of your deception
Don't dare try to apologize:
I'm sick of swallowing your lies,
Filling my head with fruitless words
And promises like flightless birds.

Burn, baby, burn—
Now it's your turn
To feel the void,
Since you're just another boy.

You always said I was "The One"—
I was the moon, and you were the sun;
You erased all of my doubt,
But now that I'm in, now you're out;
And you left me here to cry—
You left me without saying goodbye—
Tell me something that isn't a lie—

—Baby, you promised me;
Yeah, you promised me.

I was listening to a lot of Lana Del Rey and musing over my pathetic "love life"—as if I had one. I wrote down all these emotions I felt at midnight. And came up with his. One of my first songs ever. Tell me what you think of it. Thanks to Jade for reading it and giving me her thoughts about it; and coming up with the title. (I want this to be alternative or perhaps baroque rock. But who knows what it really is. At least it's not country. Which for whatever reason all the songs I write tend to be country, and I don't even listen to country at all. Not to hate on country. But it's not my thing.)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow. Thank you for that marvelous compliment. And you have great taste. Why aren't we friends? :)

Shards_of_my_soul GOLD, BHUBANESWAR, Other

if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you certainly don't deserve at my best!

it is the events that shape our lives,
but it is the choices we make that define us...

life is not about finding yourself,
life is about creating yourself

frankly mckay.....it's like...a small packet, but huge blast....someone of your talent shouldn't be conffined to a few websites......^_^ and mckay, i just love adele, emma watson,  and jane austen........

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

They can be. Thanks for commenting, quoter. 

quoter said...
quoter, Glenview, Illinois

"If who I am is what I have and what I have is lost, then who am I?"

This is sooo true.... are girls ever the "one" to guys?

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

True. The lyrics today—most not all—are mediocre or plain awful. Thanks. 

on Oct. 2 2013 at 6:31 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

yes, yes yes exactly. It sure is awfully hard to find music with REAL lyrics nowadays.  And You're welcome.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, Saphira. I'll try to post more if I can. It means a lot to me that you think that this is what lyric should be. I'm very irritated often at how the lyrics of music today is just rubbish. There's nothing exceptional about most of it. Some lyrics are amazing. But the majority is simply awful. Thank you. 

on Sep. 20 2013 at 10:50 am

- Maya Angelou

Mckay! You really should post more lyrics, because these are awesome. I swear. This is what lyrics should be! WOW I loved all of it and there's nothing more I could say.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I've been learning some sassiness from you of course. :P I love those lines too, even though they seemed (and still do) awkward for me when I finished them. I'm sure you can write a better song than this. I'm still working on my song-writing. Krasota, thanks. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Very true. You did get me started with her music, which I just love love love. I'm honored that you think this is anywhere near to her music. (By the way, I wrote a part II for this song. We'll see if it's any good too.) I'm honored that you will be working on a tune for it. You must make a video for it. And submit it here. I just have to hear it, if you ever make it. PLEASE! Liv, thank you so much. 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

I think my favourite lines were the last two of the chorus. It just adds a powerful emotional punch to the gut that I can't help but admire. I love the sassiness of the stanza "Just know there's no redemption...And promises like flightless birds." I wish I could write songs of this caliber XD

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Ahem Ahem, who got you into Ms. Lana Del Ray?? Oh wait, what? Oh right, Me! Haha, this sounds exactly like her music. Smoky, se.xy, breathy. The perfect ballance of pop and real music. I really like it. The lyrics are clever and they tell a story. Im gonna work out a tune on my piano now :) I like it. Keep up the good work Mckay!!   Keep rockin