Breaking the Restraints | Teen Ink

Breaking the Restraints

August 21, 2013
By Equals PLATINUM, Somewhere, New Jersey
Equals PLATINUM, Somewhere, New Jersey
24 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Lyrics that I create are only lyrics until someone else uses them.


These chains that hold me down will redirect this town. I may be our hope yet you've filled my life with fear. As soon as I get free, I'll catch the first plane out of here.

Any link can be broken and I know I am a chosen man. These restraints stop me. I try to move but I cant.

This wont be my grave. I'll free my self. I will I wont become your slave.

You try as hard as you do, but chains get rusty you'll get rusty to.

The rain it's coming down. My strength regained at the sound. I can't tell you right now. But I'll get myself out of here some how.

The shackles, my legs bear. The cuffs on my hands have only made it fair, fair enough to try to try to make things right. I'm breaking out tonight.

Aim, strain as you may increase my torturous pain before I lose my mind. I'll break off from the restraint. Than I'll lead the blind, and we'll all make you pay. for the losses of mankind I'll rule that day.

I have seen the signs I'll make the way. I'll lead the blind. Make sure every soul is saved. I'm breaking the restraints.

I'm breaking the restraints.


The author's comments:
I'm into that heavy music right now like "A Day To Remember" so this song I dedicate to one of my favorite bands of all time (ADTR).
This song gave me heavy vibes as I wrote.